• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Access to system

S

slashcomma

I'm new to Plesk. I come from the CPanel control panel hosting. When setting up an account with Plesk, how do you give the end user access to their control panel? The only thing I have found is the "Access to system" field in the domain set up, however this does not seem to be recommended. If this is left disabled, how is the end user suppose to be able to create e-mail accounts?

I searched the forum but did not see an answer, perhaps I missed it. The documentation just seems to assume that the end user accesses the control panel some how, but does not explain how.

Thanks

Hi,

In settings of e-mail account you can enable control panel access.

Once enabled client can login to plesk with their e-mail address and password and manage their mail settings.

Thanks,
Dave

Dave I don't think that was the answer he was looking for.

There are three areas to login to plesk, dave covered the lowest one of the "Email" login.

When you create a client in plesk you enter a user name and password. Thsi is a client login and that username/pass is how they would log in.

The other option is the Domain User login under the domain. This login when you set the password allows the user to login via the domain name and the password and manage the domain itself (i.e create emails)

Thanks. The domain user was what I was looking for. Not sure where I got the thing about the access to system option. Guess its all just part of the learning curve for me.

Thanks for your help.

System Access management can be found in the permissions page (after clicking on a client in the Tools section).

I would not advice to allow this function because remote desktop access to your server is possible then.

I was going to create a new thread with this but it fits quite well into this topic.

When you log on as a domain user you can see the remote desktop icon and connect to RDP. Is there a way of deleting that icon?

You can only logon with it if the Admin has given permission to do so.

If permission wasn't given you can make all grayed out buttons invisible under the server settings.

Back