1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

access_log and error_log

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by chiromatrix, Jul 24, 2007.

1. chiromatrix

chiromatrix Guest

Hello,
    I'll try to explain here the question I have.

There are several options for dealing with log files..
    First, it is possible to use logs exactly as in a single-host server. Simply by placing the logging directives outside the <VirtualHost> sections in the main server context, it is possible to log all requests in the same access log and error log.....
    Second, If CustomLog or ErrorLog directives are placed inside a <VirtualHost> section, all requests or errors for that virtual host will be logged only to the specified file.

Plesk is using the second way, as we have log files separately for every vhost. My question is, is there a way we can change this Plesk behaviour, so only 1 access_log and 1 error_log files to be used for the entire server. If there is, how we can do that?

Thank you