• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Acronis extension is not avialible for reseller (but it should!)

Goodfred

Basic Pleskian
Good day everyone!

Nearly a year ago we have migrated the server to a newer server with the newest Ubuntu version.
Since then our reseller cant access anymore the Acronis extension.
When we login as admin, we can use the Acronis extension without problems.
The reseller doesn't see the Acronis extension.
In the "service packages" tab I have activated under "default reseller" the Acronis extension, without success.
The reseller still can't see the Acronis extension.
Before we have migrated Plesk to the new machine, he had access to Acronis backup extension.
I hope you have ideas and you can help me here!

Thank you!
Goodfred

I've contacted the Acronis support a time ago.
If we have a solution I will post it here!
If you have any ideas - please! :)

Thank you!

The support still has no solution until now.
I've tried to delete Acronis Backup from Plesk with a fresh installation - the reseller still can't access Acronis Backup.
(he uses the default reseller template which has activated "Acronis Backup")
We've tried to activate it for user-packages - without success.
Only the administrator can access Acronis Backup.
If there would be no solution we would send the customer to the Acronis webinterface to recover his files there if he needs it in future.
But this is not the best solution because we have more customers who should could access it.

Answer from Acronis:
-----
After talking with RnD and Project Management, am sad to say we currently do not have support for Resellers to see the the Acronis plugin. However, there's already an internal entry for this feature request, its ID is CI-1016.

An estimated date for implication of this feature is yet unavailable. You can find information about new features in the product release notes: https://www.acronis.com/support/updates/index.html

Since it will not be possible to work on the case, I suggest closing the case.
-----
We've created an admin account for this user - with this admin-account he is able to see the Acronis Backup Plesk extension

Back