• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue can't login on Plesk Onyx on Ubuntu 14 anymore

Goodfred

Basic Pleskian
Hello again everyone! :)

We was a bit to slow to migrate all accounts to the next Plesk Obsidian server on Ubuntu 20.04

Since some days we can't login anymore.

On every try he says: The file /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/login_up.php is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.

Do you have any ideas how to fix this?

We tried the Plesk migrator, to migrate the last accounts to the new machine, but there is an error, too. (but another one)

It would be very cool if we can fix this and access the Plesk machine again via web-panel, to finalize the migration.

Im thankful for answers, I wish a good week and I stay with kind regards
Goodfred

I'm guessing you're trying to log into Plesk Onyx via the web panel? Or you getting that error when trying to kick off a migration from Plesk Obsidian?

If you're getting the error trying to log into Plesk Onyx from the web panel, what extensions do you have installed? Also what version of Plesk Onyx do you have?

To find out what version of Plesk you have, do
Bash:
plesk -v
when you're SSH'd to your server. Likewise, to get list of installed extensions, do
Bash:
plesk bin extension --list
from the same SSH session.

There is a known issue with Onyx 17.5.3 and 17.8.11 where a specific extension can cause a similar error so if you're on that version it could be related. You can check https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/...t-cannot-be-run-outside-of-Plesk-environment- for more information about it.

# plesk -v
Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #53

# plesk bin extension --list
acronis-backup - Acronis Backup
advisor - Advisor
configurations-troubleshooter - Webserver Configurations Troubleshooter
dgri - Imunify QuickPatch
email-security - Plesk Email Security
git - Git
heavy-metal-skin - Skins and Color Schemes
letsencrypt - Let's Encrypt
panel-migrator - Plesk Migrator
siteprobuilder - Site.pro Website Builder
wp-toolkit - WordPress Toolkit

# Domain Traffic Monitor extension is not installed. Do you have other ideas?

Thank you! :)

btw - In the Plesk artikle it is about /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/application.php
In my case Plesk is talking about /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/login_up.php

Additional we saw, that when a user tries to login, he recieves following message:
"U've overreached the limits for the use of ressources. Please concact the distribution team from Plesk, to buy a new license key"
(Screenshot in german language)

Screenshot 2023-12-07 131233.png

The problem is: Our license should be valid and we can't change the license information, when we can't login

I've contacted the Plesk support (reseller) and he said, I should repair Plesk with "plesk repair"

I've made "plesk repair installation" (some days ago) and then there was coming a endless repeating message with an apt error.
Then I've pressed ctrl + c to abort.

Now I wanted to run the command again to see the endless repeating error message again, (plesk repair installation), but now he is saying:

plesk repair installation

Reconfiguring the Plesk installation

Another instance of bootstrapper is already running. Please wait until it finishes.
If you are completely sure there is no other instance running,
just remove /var/lock/parallels-panel-bootstrapper-running.lock file and retry.
Note: running more than one instance at once may badly damage your system.

exit status 1

Do you have an idea how to fix this without reboot?
Would/Could I damage the system when I delete the named file? (/var/lock/parallels-panel-bootstrapper-running.lock)
Can I run without doubt the "plesk repair installation" command again, after the file is deleted?

Thank you! :)

P.S.: I think the endless repeated message was about, that the sources.list destinations, links to repositorys, which are out of date and thats why they're not availible anymore? (and then the error message appeared?) I hoped to fix it when I see the endless repeated error message again (maybe with changed entries in the sources.list)

btw - if I delete the file and rerun the command again, I would make before a backup and snapshot! :)

P.S.: The support answered on the same question as here with: Ubuntu 14 is out of support from Ubuntu and Plesk

This rather sounds like the process is still running. You'll need to kill the upgrade process from the Linux processes. It would also be good to check what the repeated error log entries are.

Hello again! Thank you for your answers! :)

There is a process named: bootstrapper-re

Is it enough to kill only this process id?

Is it safe then to restart plesk repair again, after this process is killed? :)
(when it starts! :D)

Thank you! :D

I cannot possibly know whether this is enough. There could be dozens of things going on with the system. It must be examined, actually process by process. What other processes exist? What has been logged in the /var/log/plesk/install/autoinstaller3.log? I can recommend to contact Plesk support to let them check it on the server (actually, your license reseller should have done that ...).

"plesk repair installation"
- after a while following comes endlessly:

WARNING:Command '/usr/bin/apt-get update' returned non-zero exit status 100

Dou you have an idea how I can fix this, that for plesk repair can finish?

P.S.: The output before the endlessly is:

Reconfiguring SSL ciphers and protocols...
Regenerating web servers' configuration files...
Cleaning active Panel sessions...
Fixing permissions on Panel packages files

Thank you again! :D

You're welcome, but it would really be best to get in touch with Plesk support so that an engineer can check it directly on your server.

I hope the reseller would do that.
I'll ask him now

I've tried following:
Uncommented all entries in sources.list and added only these lines:
deb Index of /ubuntu trusty main restricted universe multiverse
deb Index of /ubuntu trusty-updates main restricted universe multiverse
deb Index of /ubuntu trusty-security main restricted universe multiverse

In the next step (after next backup + next snapshot + next reboot! :D) I wanted to try to uncomment all entries in the other *.list files.
But I think atm, thats music for tomorrow, when the Plesk reseller answered.

:) !

He said that the Plesk support would not help in unsupported versions.
I've asked again if he is sure.

It seems like I will have to fix this myself or I will contact the Plesk migrator support.
(I've heared a time ago that they will support migrations from outdated machines, too)

Have a good evening! :D

Hi everyone!

I have the same problem

When I try to log in, I get an error message:

Code:
The file /opt/psa/admin/htdocs/login_up.php is part of Plesk distribution. It cannot be run outside of Plesk environment.

These are the details of my system. I have the same version (Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #53) as @Goodfred

Code:
oliver@web:/opt/psa/admin/htdocs> plesk -v
Product version: Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 Update #53
    Update date: 2020/12/25 06:26
     Build date: 2019/04/26 06:53
     OS version: Ubuntu 14.04
       Revision: 706148610934b3d884437e2d7f635a4038c51cb1
   Architecture: 64-bit
Wrapper version: 1.2

Code:
oliver@web:/opt/psa/admin/htdocs>plesk bin extension --list
advisor - Advisor
dropbox-backup - Dropbox Backup
firewall - Firewall
google-drive-backup - Google Drive Backup
letsencrypt - Let's Encrypt
sitepad - SitePad Website Builder
siteprobuilder - Site.pro Website Builder
watchdog - Watchdog
wp-toolkit - WordPress Toolkit

I also have tried to repair it with:

Code:
plesk repair installation

And then received the following output:

Code:
Reconfiguring the Plesk installation

Started bootstrapper repair procedure. This may take a while.
Certain actions may be skipped if not applicable.

-- Warning: Skipping the data of table mysql.event. Specify the --events option explicitly.
 Finishing up upgrade procedures and rerunning previously failed upgrade actions...
===> Cumulative APS controller database (apsc) upgrade and repair has been started.
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller database has been completed.
===> Cumulative APS controller upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of APS controller (final stage) has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk database upgrade and repair (revertable stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk database upgrade (revertable stage).
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk database (revertable stage) has been completed.
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been started.
Applying migrations from: /opt/psa/bootstrapper/pp17.8.11-bootstrapper/migrations/
===> Plesk database scheme upgrade has been completed.
===> Cumulative Plesk upgrade and repair (final stage) has been started.
===> Preparing Plesk upgrade (final stage).
Stopping sw_engine service... done
===> Cumulative upgrade and repair of Plesk (final stage) has been completed.
 Reconfiguring mail subsystem...
 Reconfiguring Apache web server...
 Reconfiguring ProFTPD FTP server...
===> Configuring ProFTPD server
 Reconfiguring AWStats web statistics...
 Reconfiguring WatchDog...
 Restoring SELinux contexts...
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/sw-cp-server already exist.
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/sw-engine already exist.
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/courier-imapd already exist.
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/courier-imaps already exist.
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/courier-pop3d already exist.
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/courier-pop3s already exist.
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/spamassassin already exist.
INFO: [Fri Dec 15 10:45:08 UTC 2023]: Service: spamassassin, Action: start
 Trying to start service spamassassin...  * spamd is not running
Starting SpamAssassin Mail Filter Daemon:
WARNING!
Some problems are found during start service spamassassin(see log file: /var/log/plesk/rc_actions.log)

Continue...

System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/pc-remote already exist.
 System start/stop links for /etc/init.d/psa already exist.
initctl: Job is already running: networking
INFO: [Fri Dec 15 10:45:19 UTC 2023]: Service: networking, Action: start
 Trying to start service networking...
WARNING!
Some problems are found during start service networking(see log file: /var/log/plesk/rc_actions.log)

Continue...

Reconfiguring SSL ciphers and protocols...
 Regenerating web servers' configuration files...
 Cleaning active Panel sessions...
 Fixing permissions on Panel packages files
WARNING:Skip fixing 'libapache2-mod-aclr2-psa': Cannot find deb-archive for package libapache2-mod-aclr2-psa (14081815-ubuntu14.04.17100418.9e86c2f)
WARNING:failed to get permissions for package diverts others to: /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_proxy_fcgi.so.orig from package /var/cache/apt/archives/libapache2-mod-proxy-psa_2.4.7-ubuntu14.04.17100418_amd64.deb
WARNING:failed to get permissions for package diverts others to: /usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_proxy.so.orig from package /var/cache/apt/archives/libapache2-mod-proxy-psa_2.4.7-ubuntu14.04.17100418_amd64.deb
WARNING:Skip fixing 'libapache2-mod-sysenv-psa': Cannot find deb-archive for package libapache2-mod-sysenv-psa (0.2-ubuntu14.04.17100418)
WARNING:Skip fixing 'libaps': Cannot find deb-archive for package libaps (1.0.9-ubuntu.14.04.180209.1429)
WARNING:Skip fixing 'liblog4cplus': Cannot find deb-archive for package liblog4cplus (1.2.0.1-ubuntu.14.04.180209.1429)
WARNING:Skip fixing 'libpam-plesk': Cannot find deb-archive for package libpam-plesk (17.8.11-ubuntu14.04.build1708180301.19)
WARNING:Skip fixing 'php5-ioncube-loader': Cannot find deb-archive for package php5-ioncube-loader (10.0.3-ubuntu14.04.18021914)

[...shortened, because otherwise I exceed the 10,000 character limit for posts...]
WARNING:Skip fixing 'wpb-designs-12': Cannot find deb-archive for package wpb-designs-12 (17.8.12-43703.18032617)
WARNING:Skip fixing 'wpb-designs-14': Cannot find deb-archive for package wpb-designs-14 (17.8.12-43703.18032617)
WARNING:Skip fixing 'wpb-designs-20': Cannot find deb-archive for package wpb-designs-20 (17.8.12-43703.18032617)
WARNING:Skip fixing 'wpb-headers': Cannot find deb-archive for package wpb-headers (17.8.12-43703.18032617)
Changing permissions on /etc/courier-imap/quotawarnmsg.example to 0644

Bootstrapper repair finished.
If problems persist, please check installer logs ('/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.8.11_repair.log' and '/var/log/plesk/install/plesk_17.8.11_repair_problems.log') for errors.
If you can't resolve the issue on your own, please address Plesk support.

Does anyone have any ideas what else I can do?

Thanks!!!

Best
Oliver

You'll need to kill the upgrade process from the Linux processes. It would also be good to check what the repeated error log entries are.

Back