• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Action log nog accessible via Tools & Settings

Kaspar

API expert
Plesk Guru
Username:

TITLE

Action log nog accessible via Tools & Settings

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

CentOS 7.9
Plesk 18.0.46#2

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When you navigate to Tools & Settings and click the Action Log link only the settings are show. If I am not mistaken in the past you could also view the action log directly from this link (but I might be wrong).

Currently the only way to view the action log from within Plesk you'll have to navigate to Extensions -> My Extensions tab and click to open button on the Action Log extension. Which is a bit more cumbersome.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

[prerequisite: make sure the Action Log extension in installed]
Go Tools & Settings and click the Action Log link.
Notice how only the Action Log settings are shown.

ACTUAL RESULT

Only the Action Log settings are shown.

EXPECTED RESULT

Both only the Action Log and the settings are visible.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Last edited:
There is a much easier way to open this extension:

- Go to Tools & Settings -> Custom Button
- "Add link to Service" and choose "Common Access"
- The Action Log is now visible under "Links to Additional Services"

Screenshot 2022-10-25 at 14.32.07.png

@maartenv thanks, I don't look at the action log that much to justify adding a custom button ;) But it's a useful suggestion none the less.

I am pretty sure I've accessed the action log from the Tools & Settings page in the past. Perhaps it got changed on purpose or maybe it's an oversight. The Tools & Settings page feels like the most obvious and organic place to access the action log from. Hence I created this bug report :)

Have you the "Action Log" extension installed? It adds additional funcitonality to the built-in Plesk Action Log page.

Added:
For the case of using custom buttons, it is important to use a correct link,
  • The page to access built-in "Action Log" (as a part of default Plesk functionality): /cp/action-log
    The page to access "Action Log" (as an extension): /modules/action-log/
It is happened because after installing the extension, the extension replaces a link inside Tools & Setting page from /cp/action-log to /modules/action-log/.

Last edited:
Oh, I have re-read the thread, it seems I misunderstood the issue.

Could you please open the Action Log page on your server and check the "/path" part of the link in the browser's address bar, is it "/cp/action-log"?
What if you reinstall the extension (when the extension installed, the valid link is "/modules/action-log/"). If the link will not be updated again, we need to search the issue in this way, why it is not updated.

Hi! A new version of the Action Log extension has been released!

1.2.1 (28 October 2022)​

• [-] The "Action Log" link on the "Tools & Settings" page now always leads to the extension main page. (EXTPLESK-4038)

Back