• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Activating extensions for all administrative users?

Hey,

is there a way of activating/installing an extension like Google Authenticator for all / administrative users?

For the root / admin user on the left side menu it shows extensions so they can activate the google authenticator but when I creat a new User and give him the Admin group, he can not see / install extensions.

Anyone can help?

Hello,
extensions management is available for Plesk administrator and Plesk additional administrators. User with Admin group has access to several domains only so he cannot perform server wide operations such as installing extension but he can use extensions that are already installed.

Hello,
extensions management is available for Plesk administrator and Plesk additional administrators. User with Admin group has access to several domains only so he cannot perform server wide operations such as installing extension but he can use extensions that are already installed.
Thanks a lot for your answer!

First question:
What is the plesk administrator and what is an additional Plesk administrator? root and admin?
Also how, or can I create an additional admin?

Second:
I created several users via the admin or root account and gave them all administrator group.
The root, aswell the admin account had the google authenticator extension, but not the other ones.

Thanks for your help!

First question:
What is the plesk administrator and what is an additional Plesk administrator? root and admin?
Also how, or can I create an additional admin?

Plesk administrator has "admin" username. Alternatively you can log in with "root" username, this system administrator account corresponds to the same "admin" account in Plesk UI.
Additional administrator is Plesk user that can perform most administrative task, including extensions management, you can read more about it here.

Second:
I created several users via the admin or root account and gave them all administrator group.
The root, aswell the admin account had the google authenticator extension, but not the other ones.
True, Google Authenticator extension doesn't support additional users at the moment unfortunately. Though in general additional users can use extensions installed by administrator (or additional administrator).

Hello,
any update about the possibility to protect all Plesk users (even resellers) with 2fa?
Thanks

Back