• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Add multiple domains under one account

Frank1000

Basic Pleskian
Hi,
when i add domains in plesk, it seems to add a new vHost account, where a new unique user is needed. Also the domain opens up an own dir-structure.

I need to add multiple domains to one of those accounts, by having the same system_user and by using the same dir-structure. How is this achieved ?

Regards,
Frank

Last edited:
Sounds like you have not been adding domains, but subscriptions. When you enter an existing subscription you can click the "Add Domain" button inside the subscription, so that the domain will be added to the subscription instead of creating a new subscription.

Hi Peter,
thx for reply :) I have been adding domains from the "Add Domain" button, which each created a separate vHost, requesting for a unique user each.

I have not seen an "Add Domain" icon to add a domain within a vHost. I have not seen the word "subscription" on the plesk panel yet.

What are the steps to add domains under a single subscription ?

Regards,
Frank

Image_2017-01-10__10-07-03__1484039223.jpg

You are not seeing all options of your Web Host Edition Plesk.

In "Tools & Settings" you should have a "Panel Appearance" or "Plesk Appearance" section. In that section there should be a link "Interface Management". From there, change from "Power User View" to "Service Provider View". Once switched to "Service Provider View" you will find new menu items, including "Service Plans" (subscription templates), "Subscriptions" and "Domains".

Besides that, I may have misunderstood your post "... an own dir-structure". Can you give an example of that, please, how that own directory structure looks like? I am asking, because it could be that you are starting at ./ and from there directories derive like /httpdocs, /my_2nd_domain, /my_3rd_domain, which would actually be correct.

ok cool, now works, thx.

Regarding the dirs, i have a base-app with cakephp framework where i host different domains, in terms that domain A and domain B etc. all point to the same dir under /httpdocs/base-app. The base-app then shows the correct A and B etc. domains throughout the respective "website", while in reality a multi-domain app is working in the background.
This way i don't have to re-develop or exchange / maintain dev files or db content at different locations when i need to add or remove projects ;)

Back