• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Add "new domains" auto create IP/domain.tld

B

BryanL@

I hope what I want to do is possible.

Basically, What I want to do is be able to set up new domains on the VPS and use it as a dev server. The domains will not have the DNS pointing to my IP, so I know that will not resolve. What I want to do is change the "conf" ?? file so that say my IP is 1.2.3.4 and I add a new domain to the plan that is joesgarage.com. I want something to create a path 1.2.3.4/joesgarage.com so I can have that IP/folder resolve to the path that the domain is at on the box. Then when i set up a new domain bigsky.com it will automatically create it so that 1.2.3.4/bigsky.com will resolve to the site. I know that joesgarage.com and bigsky.com will not resolve since I will not be changing any Name Servers to point to my IP of 1.2.3.4.

The reason I want to do this, is that if i simply set up subdomains of my real domain, the DB will all be under that domain. I would have to search through a lot of them. Say I set up 20 subdomains, then I would have 20 DB under the main domain. assuming that i have 1 DB per subdomain. If i can set up a new domain then the DB will be separated out.

If anyone has a better idea, I am totally open. I just need the DB not all in one place, and I need something that is automatic, since I don't want to have to SSH in each time and set stuff up. I am afraid that will open up the possibility to make a mistake.

thanks a lot.
Bryan

Back