• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

add several ip addresses to one subsription

P

Perz13

add several ip addresses to one subscription

hi,

i added a subscription for a wordpress multisite installation. i installed wordpress with multisite support partly via plesk - it worked well.
now i want to add different ip addresses to the one subscription. is that even possible? if it's not possible via plesk, is it possible via ssh shell access? and if so, please tell me how!

system is up to date, running centos:

OS Linux 2.6.32-220.7.1.el6.x86_64
Panel-Version 10.4.4 Update #27, zuletzt aktualisiert am April 22, 2012 03:31 AM

thank you in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you cannot have several IP addresses in one subscription in Plesk. You could probably create another subscription on another IP and set up forwarding there...

Out of curiousity, why would you need several IPs?

Hi Sergey,

I'm stuck in the same issue as Perz13.

I have 1 costumer, with 4 domains. Each domain has a own certificate and needs its own IP.

Any idea how to put this to work?

Thanks!

multiple SSL domains with shared document root?

This inflexibility in Plesk is very frustrating! (1 IP per subscription)

Many CMSs support multisite installs (Wordpress, Drupal, Magento) so you can run multiple domains from one document root and database. There are many reasons why multisite is cool and useful. Sure, Plesk can support this fine for most cases with domain aliases (or separate domain pointed to the same docroot) BUT when you need to use SSL on those sites (ecommerce for example) then you need separate IP addresses.

There must be a workaround!?

Anyone got any suggestions? Maybe editing vhost.conf or similar. I thought about using a separate subscriptions and trying to reconfigure them to share a document root, but then I am left with the user account for Fast-CGI different, so would end up with file permission problems, etc.

@Parallels - can we make this a feature request?

Back