• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to add a domain/vhost only accessible locally?

Downing

New Pleskian
System: I've got a (virtual) windows server 2012 R2 running Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 with one network adapter which has only its public v4 + v6 ip assigned. When I try to access 127.0.0.1 or localhost via browser I see the plesk default page.

Goal: I want to run an application which is only accessible on this server Walgreens Listens

For security reasons I don't want to add it to the default vhost as this one could eventually be accessed from outside, e.g. if an domain unknown to Plesk points to the server. I thought it would be possible to add a local vhost/domain (e.g. localhost) but failed to do so, see below.

Tried:

• add a domain called "localhost" -> "domain name is not valid"
  • add "127.0.0.1" or "127.0.0.1/16" as ip address -> "given ip cannot be used. enter a valid ip address with subnet prefix or mask"
  • I have seen Plesk website via local IP but I have no local network beside the public IPs

Last edited:
You should add a domain like internal.private or something like that.

Then you can do these things:

1) go directly into IIS manager and change the "bindings" of this website

Or

2) restrict access via web.config or protected directory

Or

3) restrict access via firewall

Back