• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Resolved Add Subdomain only (without domain)

MedB

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have a little problem, i have an domaine www.example.com hosted in other server.

Now I would like to create new website on a subdomain. E. g. test.example.com. The subdomain (only subdomain) should be hosted on my Plesk server.
The subdomain it points to my server. I can see Plesk default page when requesting subdomain in browser.
How do I configure it in Plesk?

www.example.com - other IP, other hosting provider
test.example.com - my IP, my Plesk

Any help appreciated,
Thanks.

Attachments

• bug.png
    bug.png
    25 KB · Views: 5
Simply enter the subdomain in the "Add Domain" section. Configure your DNS where your domain is managed to point the subdomain to the IP address of the server that hosts the subdomain.

Ok thank you very much for your reply.

I just understood a little what is problematic when I add the subdomain. He puts me: ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

- My client uses a cloudfare certificate which is automatic with all its subdomains.

How I can configure, I added my subdomain without checking SSL, same problem. always ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

The infinite loop is caused by contradictory settings in the web server and your website.

The preferred domain should be set to "none" so that it cannot contradict settings in your website configuration. Also do not use the permanent SSL redirect if it contradicts settings in your website configuration.

Now everything works fine, thank you very much

But I realize that even if I do not check the SSL activation when creating a domain when I edit the info I find it checked, I just uncheck it put my subdomain in prefered domain and it works very well.

THX a lot

Back