• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Adding existing site to Plesk (Ubuntu 16.04)

pnik

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm new to sys administration, I started working on the server that has Plesk installed, but I was not aware of Plesks vhosts (I've never used Plesk before). So these are the steps I've done:

1. I have setup my site under /var/mysite
2. I have installed all necessary dependencies and database (Postgres)
3. I have installed apache2 and apache mods, activated them and setup apache virtual hosts in /etc/apache2/sites-available/mysite.conf and then activated the site with a2ensite mysite (site is up and running)
4. When I go to my domain, I do not get my site loaded, Instead I get the plesk default page saying "Web Server's Default Page"

At this moment I realized I haven't configure nothing in Plesk, and I tried registering my domain in Plesk, but after trying to add it, I had two troubles: how can I set my document root to /var/mysite/public, and how can I use virtual host I defined in /etc/apache2/sites-available/mysite.conf?

How can I make my site visible?

create the domain

this will create /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs

move your files here

job done

Back