• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Adding existing site to Plesk (Ubuntu 16.04)

pnik

New Pleskian
Hello,

I'm new to sys administration, I started working on the server that has Plesk installed, but I was not aware of Plesks vhosts (I've never used Plesk before). So these are the steps I've done:

1. I have setup my site under /var/mysite
2. I have installed all necessary dependencies and database (Postgres)
3. I have installed apache2 and apache mods, activated them and setup apache virtual hosts in /etc/apache2/sites-available/mysite.conf and then activated the site with a2ensite mysite (site is up and running)
4. When I go to my domain, I do not get my site loaded, Instead I get the plesk default page saying "Web Server's Default Page"

At this moment I realized I haven't configure nothing in Plesk, and I tried registering my domain in Plesk, but after trying to add it, I had two troubles: how can I set my document root to /var/mysite/public, and how can I use virtual host I defined in /etc/apache2/sites-available/mysite.conf?

How can I make my site visible?

create the domain

this will create /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs

move your files here

job done

Back