• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Adding IP addresses to Individual Email addresses

SuperBadConchord

New Pleskian
Is it possible to attach an IP address to an Email address and not the rest of the addresses for the domain. I wish to do this so I can use an IP address to send newsletters out and want this to help avoid effecting my main IP if the newsletter makes the second IP relate to spam. Maybe the only way to do this is to link it to a domain but just asking to make sure I can't do it the way I require. Thanks in advance

Is it possible to attach an IP address to an Email address and not the rest of the addresses for the domain. I wish to do this so I can use an IP address to send newsletters out and want this to help avoid effecting my main IP if the newsletter makes the second IP relate to spam. Maybe the only way to do this is to link it to a domain but just asking to make sure I can't do it the way I require. Thanks in advance

Hi Buddy,

as i can see only into a domain, and even that, we are not able to make this work under plesk environment,
The point of issue was on Banner and Greeting of postfix, they get the IP of main server and not the dedicated IP of domain,

So if I have 2 ip addresses, the main server being 37... and the new IP being 47... the main server IP will be selected even if I change the dns of the new domain to the new IP.

If you use qmail, you always gone use ip of server.
Postfix fix has ability to set a IP for mx, but some configurations like Banner and Greeting (as our manager said) is not possible to configure on server with Plesk.
resuming, if you are no able to configure properly you can't use it, because major ESP(yahoo, hotmail, gmail) will block you

Back