• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Adding IP v6 Address issue

Damo

Basic Pleskian
Hello!

I'm running a CentOS 7 VPS with Plesk 12.5.30 and I'm trying to add a IP v6 address, logging in with SSH using the command "ifconfig" the IP v6 address is there though adding it in the Plesk panel I receive the error below I've Googled though I cannot seem to find a resolution.

Error: ifmng failed: SIOCSIFADDR: File exists /sbin/ifconfig eth0 add 0000:0000::0000:0000:0000:0000/128 exited with non-zero status 1

If anyone has anything they could suggest that would be great!

Please check that you see this IP address in list after click to "Reread IP" button in Plesk.

As far as I know you can add additional IP to VPS only from hardware node side.

Not to worry, the IP is showing when I SSH so it's definitely working I thought it would have been nice to have it show in Plesk.

My IP v4 shows.

Try to enable debug mode in Plesk and run

# plesk bin ipmanage --reread

Check possible errors in output.

This is what I got back, the log is too long to post here so I've uploaded it in a .text

Attachments

• DEBUG.txt
    99.7 KB · Views: 4
Nothing interesting in log. Check that you have not

net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1

in /etc/sysctl.conf. Also try to use other netmask for this address. Contact Plesk Support Team if not help.

I don't know what's type of VPS do you have, but there is no /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 file in Virtuozzo VPS. Only virtual network interfaces /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-venet0 and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-venet0:0

@IgorG

I spoke with support they told me it was because the IP address was dynamically applied to the server which with Linode I can't change... Anyway I was deciding between Linode/DigitalOcean and the IPv6 works fine with DigitalOcean so I think I'll move to DigitalOcean just quite literally because of this.

Just thought I'd update you.

Thanks again for the help. :)

Back