• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Forwarded to devs Adding IPv6 removes other IPs from Adapter

Pascal H.

New Pleskian
TITLE:
Adding IPv6 removes other IPs from Adapter
PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE:
Plesk Onyx Version 17.8.11 Update #29 ON Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS ON vServer
PROBLEM DESCRIPTION:
Adding an IPv6 from my Subnet under Tools & Settings -> IP Adresses get stuck. After 20 Minutes waiting I tried to reload but cant reach my Server.
Via a rescue VNC I could see that "ip a" returns the adapter with the new IP-Adress but the old ones(IPv4 and v6) are deleted. Even the "plesk -> rereadip" didn't work. Luckily I could restore my server with an older Snapshot.

My solution was to add the IPs manually via CLI and then run "plesk -> rereadip"

This problem didn't occur earlier on my Server with Ubuntu 16.xx.
I didn't upgrade, I completely reinstalled the Server, so it is not an upgrade-fault or something like that.​
STEPS TO REPRODUCE:
Go to Tools & Settings -> IP Adresses and add an IP Adress:
e.g. Adapter: ens18 -> IP: [Prefix]::2/64 -> shared or dedicated doesn't matter.
Klick OK and that's all.​
ACTUAL RESULT:
IP [Prefix]::2/64 gets added to adapter, but the old IPs are getting deleted.
so ip a shows:
ens18:
[Prefix]::2/64 scope global
fe..::(l)... scope link​
EXPECTED RESULT:
IP [Prefix]::2/64 gets added to adapter
so ip a shows:
ens18:
123.456.789.012/32 scope global
[Prefix]::1/64 scope global
[Prefix]::2/64 scope global
fe..::(l)... scope link​
ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM:
Confirm bug

> I didn't upgrade, I completely reinstalled the Server, so it is not an upgrade-fault or something like that.
Ok.
Some questions:
1. Do you have netplan installed? (Do you have /usr/sbin/netplan utility? It's from netplan.io package)
2. If "yes" do you have any *.yaml configs in "/etc/netplan/" directory? (I guess you should have at least 10-plesk.yaml).

Netplan is default on 18.04. I've had the exact same problem. I configured ipv6 with command line and it kind of worked, but then some process is kicking off that stops the webservers. If I went in to rebuild webserver configuration it would temporarily fix it for a day. Going into the web interface for IP addresses would break it again. I ended up going back to Debian 9 cause this is broken. Was hoping this would be fixed in 17.9 so I've been patiently waiting.

Netplan is default on 18.04. I've had the exact same problem. I configured ipv6 with command line and it kind of worked, but then some process is kicking off that stops the webservers. If I went in to rebuild webserver configuration it would temporarily fix it for a day. Going into the web interface for IP addresses would break it again. I ended up going back to Debian 9 cause this is broken. Was hoping this would be fixed in 17.9 so I've been patiently waiting.

Can you provide some more details?
> I configured ipv6 with command line and it kind of worked
Which command have you used?

P.S. Netplan support was implemented in 17.8.11. I've checked it with the following:
1. Add new ip-address with command: "plesk bin ipmanage --create 10.52.123.45 -mask 16 -interface ens3 -type shared"
2. Added ip appeared in "/sbin/ip addr" ouput.
3. Also netplan configuration for new ip address was added to "/etc/netplan/10-plesk.yaml"

Back