• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Adding New Domains is Hanging

B

brandonp

Whenever I add a new domain to my Plesk Interface, it takes me to the choice between Physical Hosting and Forwarding. I choose Physical Hosting and it just hangs for a very long time. I'm not sure what is causing the problem, but I'm not able to add any domains to it.

It eventually gives up and I only see a white screen. When I look at the domain list, the domain is in the list, but the Hosting hasn't been setup.

Anyone seen this and have an idea on what I can do to fix it. I have new sites that need to be added to this box.

Brandon Petersen

We had the same with a server running on Fedora Core 1. There is one kernel version with problems regarding quota's.

How we solved it? upgraded the complete OS to Fedora Core 2.

The Core 1 image was provided by Amenworld

Rebooting fixed it

Everything was fixed by rebooting the machine, which it complained loudly about quotactl shutting down.

I'm hoping to migrate the server to Plesk 8 and a more current operating system. If anyone has good advice on how to migrate from Fedora Core 1 to a newer OS, I'd love to hear.

Just put a new server next to it and after that just switch DNS? atleast, thats how we did it.

Back