• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Additional Administrator Accounts

In the latest Plesk 11:

Tools & Settings > Panel > Additional Administrator Accounts

Here you can create additional administrator accounts for your technical support engineers, enabling them to perform a variety of administrative tasks.

Thanks for the prompt reply but I do not see this option. Hence my post was inquiring if the feature is now available for Linux.

If additional administrative accounts are available for Linux it seems they are not showing up on my panel. Do I need to change a preference / permission somewhere?

I attach a screenshot.

Attachments

• Plesk11_tools&settings.png
    Plesk11_tools&settings.png
    159.8 KB · Views: 23
Sorry, I saw this option in our internal test 11.1 Plesk version for Linux.

v10.4 has a link under Server > Panel > Additional Administrator Accounts
My excitement was dashed when clicking on the link returns a very simple message "(X) Error"

So far as I can tell its still not present in Plesk 11 either. At this rate it will probably be version 15 before there is such a feature :(

I know I would love to have this as well. My pet peeve with software companies like this is the incongruency of feature sets between two versions of the same products - windows/linux

rant
Windows seems to have more features that people like - sub admins, ability to use other mail servers like SmarterMail, etc - however these same features which are important to the windows folks cant be used in the linux world. So when a host that uses windows wants to expand into linux, they have to redo their thinking, offerings, security, etc.
/rant

Ok, I feel better now :)

Is there still no possibility for multiple Administrator Accounts?!? (Plesk 11)
As the Sysadmin for our Plesk Server I don't want our Sales/Support Staff to have the Admin Login - they don't need to change any System related Options ... they just have to have access to our Customer Accounts and to our Reseller Accounts and their Customers ...
It's really a big downside I can't create limited Admin Accounts for our Staff ...

Andreas

As I wrote before this feature will be implemented in upcoming 11.1 version. But I haven't any ETA of release.

The feature is available in Plesk 11.5, which is in preview stage now.
One can download it for evaluation, but it is not for production servers.
The download links are in Plesk 11.5 Preview thread

Dear Alexey,

I have Plesk 11.5 installed but still cannot see the button in Tools -> Panel.
I'm not sure if this has something to do with it: http://support.powerdnn.com/kb/a465/how-to-create-secondary-administrator-account-the-plesk

FYI:
I can see that under Tools -> Additional Services "Mobile Center" is displayed 5 times.

I am now in the position where I have to give a freelance support my admin account username and password...

I am not a network administrator and so do not have all the knowledge of managing my own server (I am learning a lot).

But have to turn over ADMIN access to a 3rd party support. My clients would have a fit if they know 3rd party has access to their data (ALL THEIR DATA)

Surely it can't take five years to figure out how to make this a more secure system.

Dear Alexey,

I have Plesk 11.5 installed but still cannot see the button in Tools -> Panel.
I'm not sure if this has something to do with it: http://support.powerdnn.com/kb/a465/how-to-create-secondary-administrator-account-the-plesk

FYI:
I can see that under Tools -> Additional Services "Mobile Center" is displayed 5 times.

I found it by typing in the search box on the top right corner. Not sure why they don't have an actual link. Just start typing "Additional Admin..." and it should autocomplete with a link for you.

2nd Admin Account.

Jon L:

That is no way to ask for help or submit a feature request. Please show a little respect. The admin user for the Linux version of Plesk is the same as the Root user for the operating system. This may require more development than either you and I are aware of, not being programmers.

Jesse1980, Jon L., and all of us, waited 3 years for an answer to the request from Parallels. I think he was polite since it took 3 years to get a response on this request.
And I will present the question again. Is the ability to add a 2nd admin account being made possible so that other Admins can add a Subscription? I do not want to share my personal account information with contractors and developers.

Thanks.

Chuc Mason
CEO
Unleash Your Geek, Inc.

Admin request

More disrespect and nonconstructive criticism. None of this is going to help the feature come out faster.

Jesse, your reply is very interesting. You, and your associates, have not responded to the request but have made comments about the manners of your customers.
"disrespect and nonconstructive criticism"?
Is it more disrespectful to treat your customers like children when we are requesting a logical feature to be added? And you say that "None of this is going to help the feature come out faster". How much faster? The request was posted THREE YEARS AGO. What DOES help to get a logical upgrade to be added as a feature? Begging?
I think this was a reasonable request but instead the users in this forum are being treated with disrespect, not you.

So, to repeat the question: Is this feature going to be added?

This option is implemented since Plesk version 11.5 for linux.

Back