• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Adjusting default Plesk landing page doesn't work

Hielko

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.56 Update #3
We have 2 Plesk servers, one running Plesk Onyx Version 17.5.3 Update #71 (I'm aware this is old) and one running Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.56 Update #3, last updated on Nov 2, 2023 06:30 AM. On the server running Plesk Onyx we have changed the default Plesk landing page so it show a page on our company. For a specific domain name I can also change the default landing page using the file editor and adjusting the index.html file. After pressing ALT F5 in the browser the change is shown immediately. This doesn't work when I do the same with a domain name on the server running Plesk Obsidian. I read an topic on a forum you have to do this using the Apache & Nginx settings but I'm not sure how I can do this. We're migrating from Plesk Onyx to Plesk Obsidian and again showing our own landing page instead of the default Plesk page is a recquirement.

There can be two major reason for it:
a) You have an index.php in your document root, and now you are trying to present a custom homepage index.html, but the index.php has no been deleted and has precedence over the new index.html. Solution: Delete index.php when you want the server to respond with index.html
b) Nginx cache delivers a cached index.html (static file). Solution: Clear the Nginx cache with the "clear cache" button on the "Apache & Nginx Settings" page.

There's never was a index.php file to my knowledge and I'm sure I didn't delete the file. Enable nginx caching was turned off for the domain name which I'm using for testing. I turned this so I can now use the Clear Cache option but this doesn't work.

Attachments

• Content httpdocs directory.png
    Content httpdocs directory.png
    43.3 KB · Views: 5
Back