• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

admin as client?

P

pleskguy

I have a legacy account that I inherited. There's numerous clients assigned domains that I want to consolidate into one client - or just remove them all and have the domains just default to the admin.

If I have my name in the contact info as admin, I can't create a client with my name (or vice versa). And the admin doesn't show up as a client, so I can't assign any domains to that account...

If I delete the clients, it won't remove the domains will it? How do I go about doing this without ruining the domain set ups?

Hello,

First of all, make sure to create a full backup of your Parallels Plesk Panel.

After that, follow these steps:

1. In Parallels Plesk Panel, Go Home > Domains > Select all domains by ticking the top left checkbox > click on Assign New Domain Owner (here you should see your administrator's name in Clients list) > Select your administrator's name > Click Next and proceed.

Now all your domains belong to the administrator.

2. Now, since there is no domains belonging to any client, you are free to delete all the clients. Be warned that removing a client automatically removes all of his domains as well.

Regards,
Denis.

Back