• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

admin login blocked after 10.4 upgrade

KrisScott

Basic Pleskian
Updated plesk panel today to 10.4.4 version using plesk installer.
All went well and all installed successfully.
Go to login and my ip is blocked with this message being reported...

Error: Access for administrator from address 'my ip address' is restricted in accordance with IP Access restriction policy currently applied.

There were ip restrictions placed on ftp and ssh with the previous version but not on panel access. And this ip was allowed with all others denied for those services.

Seems that the upgrade changed it to deny from this ip and applied it to panel login so that I cannot login.

Now all I can do is restore the entire server from backups.

Any suggestions how to reclaim my server before I trash it and start over?

Edit:
FTP & SSH work correctly - every ip except mine is blocked. That is the correct setting used before upgrade and that state exists after upgrade (tested using proxy IP's over vpn).
Its just the plesk panel access that has changed after upgrade by blocking my ip. The previous version had no ip filtering on panel access.

Last edited:
Try to remove all records from 'cp_access' table in psa database. Then login to Plesk and set up necessary IP restrictions again.

I don't know enough to connect to mysql via ssh and perform the task you are asking of me.
Located cp_access.frm in /var/lib/mysql/psa but its not something I can edit.
I use the plesk panel for everything. Phpmyadmin for database work so need to be able to login before I can change tables. Can't login obviously.

Thanks for your response. It was appreciated.

Learning to use mysql

id: 1
type: allow
netaddr: 89.0.0.0
netmask: 255.0.0.0

This is the only record in the table.

I'll empty the table since it seems to have picked a netaddr that is based on the server location, not where I use it from (New Zealand). Hope this works.

Thanks Igor for the suggestion.

It worked and I can login now. Hopefully no further issues to be found after upgrade.

Appreciated your quick response.

Turns out that the login works fine but there are other issues with plesk.
Web stats have stopped updating since the upgrade.
Its scary to think what else could be wrong a what insecurities this upgrade may have added.

Is there another upgrade going to be released soon that will repair the damage that the last upgrade has done?

Back