• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Admin Username on Fresh WordPress instalation

Andriy_Martynyuk

New Pleskian
Hi people,

Since last updates when we install new WP instance wia Plesk, use CUSTOM installation and put ANY admin login (for example "admin"), it gives details like:
Wordpress Login Details:
Username: admin
Password: <password>
BUT: if I check the DB I see admin username is autogenerated, like 3nd0xnCFwk etc.
So mannagers/clients have wrong data and can't login to dashboard.
Is there any fix for that?

Hi Andriy,

If you specify "admin" as your username when installing WordPress via Plesk, we will replace that with more secure auto-generated username as a part of security measures deployed by WordPress Toolkit. If you specify anything other than "admin" as your username during the installation (for example, admin_23az), WPT will not change that.

Are you sure that Plesk modifies WordPress usernames different from "admin" when installing WordPress? I can't reproduce this behavior on our test servers.

Hi Custer, thanks for reply, but whe we specify "admin" - Plesk does change it, but does not say about it, noone knows the real login.
111.png

Last edited:
That should not happen, Andriy - I've just checked our 12.0 test instance and it works like I've described - if you specify "admin" as a username, it gets changed and displayed correspondingly. I'd suggest you to contact our support as this seems to be a problem specific to your installation of Plesk. If this is indeed a bug in Plesk, you will get a refund.

Back