• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

@adminemail@ is now administrator e-mail address

E

EuroMaverick

Hello people,

After applying the latest patch to our Plesk server, the main page (the one you get when you simply surf to the home page of the server) now indicates "@adminemail@" as the e-mail of the administrator, instead of the one that we put there upon installation.

Also, when creating new domains which should generate an e-mail to the administrator, we now get errors when Plesk is trying to generate the notification errors.

Likely to be the same problem, since I can imagine Plesk tries to get the e-mail address from the same location.

Now, how can I change the administrator e-mail adres ?

Many thanks in advance !

Mav.

You can change admin e-mail in Plesk - Server - Edit - e-mail
Also you can set e-mails for notifications in Plesk - Server - Notofications

Hello Pavluha,

Thanks for that suggestion. However, the e-mail address in Plesk > Server > Edit > E-mail was and is still correct. Just to make sure, I changed it and changed it back.

The e-mail address on the home page of my Plesk sever ("This is the Plesk default page") still is @adminemail@.

Any other suggestions ?

Regards,

Mav.

I'm also having the same problem, is there a solutions for that? Plesk tech support, please answer...

Please specify Plesk version and update version. There is need to check it out.

Hello Oleg,

My Plesk is version is version 7.5.6 and I am pretty sure this started after upgrading to 7.5.6 - it was set correctly before.

I also think I might have a clue. Please check out the "MailServer Error " thread I just replied to in this forum.

Maybe this is due to the same error: the e-mail address that is set, does not exist on the Plesk server, although the domain itself does.

Maybe Plesk looks for that e-mail address but does not find it in the existing domain on the Plesk server (and thus makes a wrong assumption since the "real" domain and e-mail address that go with it are somewhere else) and than changes the e-mail address to something incorrect, @adminemail@.

See again the "MailServer Error " in this thread: I added the e-mail address to the domain on the Plesk server, and althought this solved my 550-error, it dit not solve this problem. However, I can imagine this only gets checked and/or updates during an update, so maybe it gets automatically corrected on the next upgrade.

In the meanwhile, if this turns out to be the problem, it is of course a real bug that needs to be taken care of...

At the same time, if this is a bug that will get solved in a next release, it would be nice to find a solution in the meanhile...

Regards,

Mav.

This problem has been submitted to our development team. Please wait.

Information about another bug that may be related or not, I'm not able to change e-mail address in Edit (Admin or Account mode). After cliking on save, it looks like it was modified, but returning to the edit form shows the same old address.

This problem is there since I upgraded from 7.5.4 to 7.5.6 for windows.

This problem will be fixed in Plesk 7.6. Please wait. It will come soon.

I can't wait, please show the solution to this problem in this forum so that we can fix it right now.

I'm still waiting 7.6. Obviously, it won't be out anytime soon and will be very buggy when it goes out.

Can you please just post a fix for this single problem?

A disapointed customer.

euh... just upgraded to 7.6 but nothing has changed ?

Do I need to do something additional I am not aware of... ?

Would be nice to get this finally under control !

Regards,

Mav.

Well, not that I expect much anymore, but any news on this issue that was supposed to be taken care of in 7.6... ?

*sigh*

Mav.

Isn't that amazing ? OlegB replied back in May that the problem would be solved in 7.6 and that we needed to wait. 7.6 came and it did not get solved and since then everything has been very quite on this...

Ho well, I'm nothing new there, I'm afraid...

Ok then, let me just try it a last time: SWSoft people, will you actually correct it in a later version and is there not an intermediate solution ?

Regards,

Mav.

Just a little update: after upgrading to 8.1, still the same issue...

Mav.

Back