• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Plesk Premium Email Active sync alternate server Address is needed so I can host the Mails in Plesk and Website hosting can be somewhere else

frankbackes

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 18.04.6 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.48
Dear Forum,

I'm currently facing a problem that might be trival to you but I am unable to resolve this that is why I'm asking you.

The scenario is:
customer with domain abc.com is hosting his mails at me and his website to hence we have a Sophos UTM with WAF(Web Application Firewall) active and let's Encrypt certificates are successfully generated by the UTM since years all worked fine using the client config for Activesync in Plesk Premium Mail by Kolab with the email address as username and the domain as server address.

The change:
The customer has a friend that is offering him the hosting for free and so he moved over there but only for the website the mails he wants to stay. So we need to make abc.com point to their servers

The problem:
As we use Activesync we are required to use the domain as server address but as the domain is now pointing to the webserver of the friend, activesync isn't working anymore as it resolves to a the friends server instead of mine.

The idea:
If it's somehow possible to configure for that domain that it points to mail.abc.com we could simply configure the client to that server instead of the domain and so we could split both the webhosting and the mail hosting.

I don't see how to realize that.

I would be more than happy to get some help with that.

Thank you

Back