• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Advanced monitoring : Apache&PHP-FM memory usage

LaurentR2D2

Plesk Certified Professional
Plesk Certified Professional
Hello,
I've just migrated my server to a stronger one (stronger cpu and more ram). Some websites have been switched to php 7.4 since the version they were using was not installed on the new server (too old). I've received two alarms ;

One is for Apache&PHP-FM memory usage :

Capture d'écran 2019-12-07 01.15.09.png

One is about Swap usage :

Capture d'écran 2019-12-07 01.14.56.png

What could be the cause of such problems ? Could it be PHP7.4, then I should switch to PHP 7.3 instead, or could it be a hardware problem ? 44 % of the RAM is used on this server which has 8 Gb, while on my older server with only 4 Gb it was around 30%. I'd like to know if it could be a hardware problem so I don't switch definitively and keep my old server instead. I've never had this kind of alarm with it :)

CPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3450 @ 2.67GHz (8 core(s))
Version Plesk Obsidian v18.0.21_build1800191128.17 os_CentOS 7
OS CentOS Linux 7.7.1908 (Core)
RAM 8 GB

Thank you

I've found the solution for the memory problem of Apache (the screenshot I've sent is not the good one :)) here :

Advanced Monitoring/Health Monitor reports an alert about Apache high memory usage

I've raised the memory usage in the Advanced monitoring section to 30 %, and it seems to work.

Concerning the swap usage, I still have some alarms. I'll add a swap file if necessary. Perhaps 1 Gb is not enough even with 8 Gb of RAM. I've noticed that the alarms always occured during the backup of the server. The server having 8 Gb of RAM, is it normal that the backup process needs nearly 1 Gb of Swap ? When I look at the memory usage of the last days, it never goes above 2.5 Gb.

Back