• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Forwarded to devs After deleting a subdomain, the empty folder remains in the subscription root

Azurel

Silver Pleskian
Username:

TITLE

After deleting a subdomain, the empty folder remains in the subscription root

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

AlmaLinux 8.10, Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.62 Update #2

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

After create and deleting a subdomain, the empty subdomain folder remains in the subscription root

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Create a subdomain
2. Delete a subdomain

ACTUAL RESULT

1. Empty subdomain folder still exists
2. /logs/subdomain.example.com still exists too, with log files

EXPECTED RESULT

1. Subdomain folder removed
2. Logfiles and folder removed

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

Hello, @Azurel. Thank you for the report. I have attempted to reproduce the issue on an AlmaLinux 8.10 server with lesk Obsidian Version 18.0.62 Update #2 by creating subdomains and deleting them via the GUI and via the command line. Each time the document root of the subdomain was deleted along with the files. As for the remaining log files in the /logs directory, that issue has been forwarded to our team and the bug is identified with ID PPP-45208. A fix will be released in one of the future updates of Plesk. You may observer our change log here. Unfortunately, I cannot provide any ETA at the time being.

Hi guys!

I hope it's not a problem if I write a reply since I also created a subdomain with Node yesterday for a test of reading data from CSV files and entering it into Mysql, but after deleting the subdomain strangely I kept seeing the subdomain in the root in FTP.

On Plesk it had happened to me before on another occasion while deleting some domains that kept getting listed in the Plesk log files in ssh.

My solution while waiting to figure out the problem was to recreate the domain and then delete it again so that I would no longer have the deleted domain entries.

Today I ran the same solution with the subdomain with Node and now I no longer see the subdomain name in the root of the main domain.

Username:

TITLE

After deleting a subdomain, the empty folder remains in the subscription root
A reason for this behavior can be that another domain or subdomain is configured to use the same document root directory or a directory that descends from that directory. In such cases Plesk will not remove the directory. It's a well done protection against accidentally removing document roots that are used for other domains, too.

I have created a new subdomain and it has created a new folder with the name of this subdomain. Therefore, at least in my case, there were no dependencies to other domains. The creation and deletion were also only a few hours apart.

Back