• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

After IIS re-Install How Do I Get Sites Back Up

V

vtechad

Somehow some of my IIS files were deleted from the server. After IIS was re-installed I now get under construction messages on each of the sites on the server. I at first tried to go in and re-add each of the sites but I then got challenge boxes appearing for each of the sites. So I went into IIS and tried to apply the permissions but that didn't seem to work so I backed those changes out and tried to go into Plesk and apply the permissions. When trying to go into the Virtual Directories to apply the permissions I then got an error message. Any suggestions on what I might do to fix this? I don't know the inner workings of IIS and Plesk well enough to get the sites back up and running again. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Once you reinstall IIS you needed to run these commands

1)"%plesk_bin%\websrvmng --install"
2)"%plesk_bin%\websrvmng --reconfigure-all"

You may want to try running this if you are still having trouble.

Back