• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

After migration, mysql characterset changed.

R

rayc@

After migration from plesk 8.2 to 8.2. Both linux box.

database's charset is changed.

If I dump from old server, it shows latin1
but if I dump from new server, it shows utf8 after migraion.
So, new server does not show foreign character correctly.

Problem is
If I just dump database from old server and import to new server, it works. But if database is transfered by migration manger, it does not working. And problem is, I deleted old server's domain after migration.

so,
1. Is there anyway to recover old server's deleted domain and data?
2. If not, how to make converted(through migration) database to work with new server?

advice!

I have the same problem: If I use Plesk Migration Manager to migrate from Server A (Plesk 8.0 on Suse Linux 9.3) to Server B (Plesk 8.1 on Suse Linux 10.1) all special characters in MySQL databases get scrambled.

Both servers have latin1 as Server/DB/Client/Conn. charset.

There are 30+ domains with several databases each, so manual SQL dumps or corrections are not an issue. Is this a bug in migration manager or is there any way I can solve this.

I migrate directly (without backup file) and the original machine with all data ist still accessible. So I could start the complete migration again once I know how to fix the problem.

I am about to get a new server with more updated OS, and want to migrate Plesk from the current server to the new one.

Those above have clearly done that. Can you give me step-by-step instructions of how to do that.

If I run http://download1.swsoft.com/Plesk/Plesk8.2/Doc/plesk-8.2-unix-administrators-guide/17348.htm then will it migrate Plesk and all components as well?

I have only one Plesk licence. Do I have to install Plesk on the new server before migrating everything, and will Plesk allow me to do that?

Grateful for any assistance.

Back