• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue After mu#23 - plesk sendmail[]: Trying to resolve the e-mail alias:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qball

New Pleskian
On Centos 7.3 with Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 update #23, getting the following type of error reported by cron:

plesk sendmail[14291]: Trying to resolve the e-mail alias: exampleuser
postalias: option requires an argument -- 'q'
postalias: fatal: usage: postalias [-Nfinoprsvw] [-c config_dir] [-d key] [-q key] [map_type:]file...

Also seeing the following in /var/log/messages:

Sep 26 12:45:38 vm crond: plesk sendmail[16306]: Trying to resolve the e-mail alias: exampleuser
Sep 26 12:45:38 vm crond: postalias: option requires an argument -- 'q'
Sep 26 12:45:38 vm crond: postalias: fatal: usage: postalias [-Nfinoprsvw] [-c config_dir] [-d key] [-q key] [map_type:]file...

I believe that it may be a recent microupdate by Plesk that caused this (mu#23), as they postfix and aliases are mentioned in the changelog (Change Log for Plesk).

Hoping that someone can help provide a fix or any insight into this, as it is affecting all servers with this latest MU. Centos version is CentOS Linux 7.3.1611 (Core)‬, and it is running on XEN.

Please try to fix it with

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components
# plesk repair mail

If this does not help, create a detailed report here - Reports I will forward it to developers for investigation,
Thanks.

Same here too..

Code:
Sep 26 13:49:28 nnn journal: plesk sendmail[30987]: Trying to resolve the e-mail alias: exampleuser
Sep 26 13:49:28 nnn postfix/postalias[31006]: fatal: usage: postalias [-Nfinoprsuvw] [-c config_dir] [-d key] [-q key] [map_type:]file...

Edit: It appears the sendmail wrapper was updated to rectify an issue with resolving system users ie. root, however, it appears it is now attempting to resolve usernames used for piping processes which should not be the case.

Proposed workaround: update the wrapper executable to only resolve recipient addresses or find an alternative method to resolving system users without attempting to resolve the username/s of piping processes

Last edited:
Please try to fix it with

# plesk installer --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --upgrade-installed-components
# plesk repair mail

If this does not help, create a detailed report here - Reports I will forward it to developers for investigation,
Thanks.

Thanks Igor. This doesn't help unfortunately. Hopefully the dev team will provide a fix to this as it's affecting all CentOS 7 and CentOS 6 based servers where the MU#23 was automatically applied. Very frustrating.

Cheers

Not to pile on, but I've started seeing this myself this morning. Seems to happen whenever an automated process attempts to send an email message using the mail verb in PHP:

plesk sendmail[21664]: Trying to resolve the e-mail alias: inside
postalias: option requires an argument -- 'q'
postalias: fatal: usage: postalias [-Nfinoprsvw] [-c config_dir] [-d key] [-q key] [map_type:]file...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back