• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue after update mysql I get "The component was not installed"in plesk component list

netq

New Pleskian
Hello, good day, sorry but I'm a bit newbie here, after trying to update mysql (on ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS) using as reference the documentation of you on this page

Cómo actualizar MySQL 5.5 a 5.6/5.7 en Linux

I get some issues related to broken dependencies, the terminal showed that tried to install mysql version 5.6 but that the dependency mysql-community-server was not possible to solve for this version

I did a clean installation in a new ubuntu (fortunately I'm just beginning to use this server) and then I install mysql 5.6 using the repositories

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade

sudo apt-get install mysql-server-5.6

I set the new password, my terminal shows than it's running mysql 5.6 correctly but when I go to plesk I get this

mysql The component was not installed

I did several refresh but nothing...seems than plesk can't recognize my mysql server now

is possible fix it...or at least exist a new documentation about how install mysql 5.6 without UMET broken dependencies...

thank you so much....

Best regards

Hi netq,

to start with Plesk, I recommend the following documentations:

If you desire MORE informations, pls. don't forget to inform us, HOW you installed your operating systems ( step-by-step, pls! ), so that people willing to help have something to start with their investigations together with you. :)

Back