• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved After update to obsidian Horde Active Sync does not work any longer

onki

Regular Pleskian
Hi,

I know that this might not be directly related to Obsidian but I have serious proiblems with my plesk installation.
I have upgraded to Obsidian some days ago and since about 2 days I cannot receive and send eMails using Horde with ActiveSync enabled.

Since I am using EAS to sync mails, calandar and contacts on my android phone and Windows PC (using Outlook and Mail app) this is quite bad.
The problem is not mailserver related as IMAP accounts work OK and Webmail through Horde is also working.
I cannot get new mails on my client nor sent some. When I try to check the account outlook says the server cannot be reached. But the domain can be pinged without any problem. In Outlook I do get Error code 0x85002021 that is not really documented.

I haven't changed anything on the configuration. I did that after upgrading to Obsidiuanaccording to this instructions as the upgrade did overwrite all modifications I had done before.
After doing these modifications EAS was working fine for about a week or two. Now nothing works.

Is there anyone having the same problems?

Best regards
Onki

Best regards

Hi,

I was able to solve my problems by using Plesk Premium Email (PPE) instead of Horde with Active Sync anabled.
This is available as a free version (for 5 users) and supports Active Sync (although it is mentioned this is in the commercial version only but Kolab supports EAS since version 9).

So I switched to this solution and everything runs even better (I do like the Roundcube / Kolab web interface a lot).
This might be the easiest solution for everyone who needs Active Sync for moblie communication etc.
It was a bit tricky to change because I heve been using Courier as IMAP-Server but PPE works with Dovecot. So I had to change first in order to instalkl PPE.

Best regards
Onki

Hi,

I also have PPE installed and it workd fine for some weeks. But now since about a week, there is no ActiveSync anymore in Roundcube visible and the public calendar, shared files and cantacts are missing. Just public email folders are still available.
Further is ActiveSync not working from any smartphone or from Outlook Mail-Client.

Do somebody know, how to get it running again. PPE is active in the configuration menue but disable/enable the button does not help.

Best regards
Thomas

Could it be a licensing issue?
In standard Plesk the free version only allows 5 users. Maybe the trial period has expired.

Best regards
Onki

Back