• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

After upgrade to 8.6.0 PLESK will not start problem whit mysql

F

francoisc

I started an upgrade to 8.6.0 and now PLESK will not start.

I have the following logs. Can anyone provide a solution?

START psa-8.6.0-rhel3.build86080722.01 upgrading AT Fri May 15 17:49:24 EST 2009
Trying to register service xinetd... using /sbin/chkconfig
done
Setting the default locale
The default locale is set to en-US (ENGLISH, UNITED STATES)

===> Installing rbash
Checking that /bin/rbash registered as login shell...
/bin/rbash
/bin/rbash is already registered as login shell

Trying to restart service mysqld... mysqld (pid 8164) is running...
done
===> Installing psa database
Trying to start MySQL server... mysqld (pid 8164) is running...
Trying to define valid mysql credentials... Trying to establish test connection... ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Trying to establish test connection... ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Trying to establish test connection... ERROR 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
Trying to establish test connection... Error reading '/root/.my.cnf' file.
Fatal error in defaults handling. Program aborted

ERROR while trying to establish test connection

Aborting...

STOP psa-8.6.0-rhel3.build86080722.01 upgrading AT Fri May 15 17:49:25 EST 2009

i tryed to creat the .my.cnf still unable to connect but the mysql.sock work find all site our ok mysql is runnning

I have rebuilt it with:
rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db.00*
rpm -vv --rebuilddb
and forced the update with
rpm -Uvh * --force

still doing the samething
And when i check for the install plesk db version
mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` psa -e"select * from misc where param = 'version';"
i have this

+---------+------+
| param | val |
+---------+------+
| version | 0840 |
+---------+------+

How can i upgarde the DB version of plesk ??? OR any other sugjection ???

If you need more logs no problem, tell me

Back