• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Agent & Referer info in logs

T

tdscom

Hello all,

For each website created in Plesk, there is an access_logs and error_logs file generated under the /statistics folder of the website.

The problem we have, is that those logs only contain the following fields :

#Fields: date time c-ip cs-username s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query sc-status sc-win32-status sc-bytes cs-bytes time-taken

The AGENT and REFERER informations are missing.

Is there something we need to tweak in Plesk in order to get those key fields back into the logs?

Thanks,
R.

IIS creates the logs. Those logs have nothing to do with that part. Check where IIS is putting the logs.

Hi,

I am not sure it is IIS or Plesk fault. Currently, IIS is properly configured to include the following information in the logs :

#Software: Microsoft Internet Information Services 5.0
#Version: 1.0
#Date: 2004-01-25 01:13:13
#Fields: date time c-ip cs-username s-ip s-port cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query sc-status sc-bytes cs-bytes time-taken cs-version cs-host cs(User-Agent) cs(Referer)

This IIS log is saved in C:\WINNT\system32\LogFiles\W3SVC1002.

The log I find in the virtual site created by Plesk (D:\inetpub\vhosts\creationluminis.com\statistics\logs\access_logs) only seem to contain a subset of the IIS log :

#Fields: date time c-ip cs-username s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query sc-status sc-win32-status sc-bytes cs-bytes time-taken

:(

R.

C:\WINNT\system32\LogFiles\W3SVC1002.

That is hwere the logfiles are, not:

D:\inetpub\vhosts\creationluminis.com\statistics\logs\access_logs

And this C:\WINNT\system32\LogFiles\W3SVC1002.
is where Plesk's statistics will pull the logs from. This contains the referrers and that information.

The access and error logs are per site and used inside of plesk. They contain exactly what they say, access and error information, nothing more.

Hi Larry,

I fully hear you ;) In my example, Plesk pulls the information from :

C:\WINNT\system32\LogFiles\W3SVC1002.

in order to create :

D:\inetpub\vhosts\creationluminis.com\statistics\logs\access_logs

However, in this access_logs file, it does not include important information such as agent and referer information, which are contained in the IIS log. "Access" logs usually contain those 2 fields, which can be used by log analysers to generate better reports.

R.

Need Referer data

We have the need to run reports on the referer data which plesk does not seem to get from IIS log files. DOes anyone know if this problem has been solved with plesk? We get this data in our IIS log files fine. Any help would be appreicated.

Thanks

Back