• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Ajax request block the navigation only on plesk

ANTOINE1517

New Pleskian
Hello,

I have a web platform.
With exactly the same code, the comportment is different between classic provider and Plesk.

On one of my page, i have an ajax request ( ~15 secondes) to retrieve data from external API

=> On the other provider / from scratch or in localhost if you fall on the page with the big ajax request, u can continue to have a navigation on the other page. (u will just break the loadind of the ajax request)

=> On Plesk, if u fall on the page with the AJAX request, u will be blocked ... You need to wait the end of the ajax request to have the possibility to continue your navigation.
And On plesk your navigator will emit an alert "L’utilisation d’XMLHttpRequest de façon synchrone sur le fil d’exécution principal est obsolète à cause de son impact négatif sur la navigation de l’utilisateur final. Consulter XMLHttpRequest Standard pour plus d’informations." In english he said don't use the synchone, but asynchrone if you wont have negatives impacts. But I use the ASYNCHRONE MODE, and this mode work very well when its not Plesk, i'm lost.

Its very strange, do we have option or something to configure on Plesk for this ?

Plesk has no influence on your website content. The only thing that you might consider is whether the Nginx/Apache webserver combination plays a role in the behavior, but even that is unlikely, because hundreds of thousands ob websites hosted on Plesk are using AJAX methods.

Back