• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Alias redirect where main domain is not on Plesk server

flowem

New Pleskian
I have just installed Plesk Obsidian on Ubuntu server. I have a domain (domain.com) for which the hosting is currently elsewhere and I do not have access to the nameservers. I have copied the site files from that old server to my new Plesk server. To be able to see the domain on the Plesk server I have added an alias (domain.com.mine.com).
My alias domain (mine.com) is on godaddy and has a wildcard DNS to say *.mine.com goes to new Plesk server. I set up the alias with Synchronise DNS and 301 redirect both switched off. If I ping the alias (domain.com.mine.com) I resolve to the Plesk server as expected. My issue is that I only get the default Plesk page not the new hosting files.
I get a message in the error log (AH01909: domain.com:443:0 server certificate does NOT include an ID which matches the server name) but apparently that will not cause any problem (Errors appear on a Plesk server in Apache log: RSA server certificate does NOT match server name) so that is not the issue.
I assume I have done something really stupid but after spending a long time searching and switching every Plesk option I can find, off and on I have not resolved it. Please can someone point me to what must be a really embarrassing mistake on my part?

Problem sorted. I had not realised that the alias was going to the correct place. I had changed the body text in the default index.html but in the header there is a script "<script src="https://assets.plesk.com/static/default-website-content/public/default-website-index.js"></script>". This was forcing the webpage to display the Plesk default page and the body text I added was ignored. There is a help article on how to change the default template, How to change the default content for newly created domains in Plesk?. I have now removed the header content so none of my colleagues will fall into the same trap.

Back