• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Alias with redirection from non-www to www

CoyoteKG

Regular Pleskian
Hello,

is it possible to make this?

Main site I already checked preferred domain www.
But when I created Alias, it not redirecting to www.

Do any have idea how to manage this?

Hello,

is it possible to make this?

Main site I already checked preferred domain www.
But when I created Alias, it not redirecting to www.

Do any have idea how to manage this?

Hello,
why do you want to redirect from non-www to www your alias when the redirection is already done on your mail domain ?
I mean it may redirect your visitor twice, and increase the time needed to display your main domain website.

Hi,

because at this moment like I said main site is with preferred domain www.domain.com.
I added alias www.domain.eu to that main domain, but when I type in browser just domain.eu, it is shown in browser without www.
I wan't that if visitors type without www, that link is displayed with www.

Hi,

because at this moment like I said main site is with preferred domain www.domain.com.
I added alias www.domain.eu to that main domain, but when I type in browser just domain.eu, it is shown in browser without www.
I wan't that if visitors type without www, that link is displayed with www.

Do you use the 301 redirection on your domain alias to the main domain, or are your running your website on both of them ?

Hello,

No I'm not running 301 redirection. I wan't one site to display on more domains. This is simple html page.

In this case, alias usage isn't the best solution. For multi-site hosting into the same folder, it's better to add a new domain and to set the same root folder than the other one. This way you will be able to use the redirection from non-www to www.

In this case, alias usage isn't the best solution. For multi-site hosting into the same folder, it's better to add a new domain and to set the same root folder than the other one. This way you will be able to use the redirection from non-www to www.
Hi, we have an application with will not work for other domain. They only way to make it work for other domain is to set Alias. IN that case, how do I redirect to www. version for the alias domain?

Back