• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

All domains show: Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)

T

texasag

I have been spending the last two days trying to get this Plesk installation to work correctly.

I need some help and I've scoured the web for hours on end so far to no avail.

Here's my server's setup so far:

main domain name: priority1solutions.com

I have a pool of IP addresses ranging from 64.92.XXX.210 - 64.92.XXX.214

I am wanting to setup this pool as follows:
64.92.XXX.210 = primary nameserver
64.92.XXX.211 = secondary nameserver
64.92.XXX.213 = ftp
64.92.XXX.214 = websites

I set up this domain name as a nameserver with my registrar, godaddy.com, and have them configured as shown below:

ns1.priority1solutions.com - 64.92.XXX.210
ns2.priority1solutions.com - 64.92.XXX.211

Within the Plesk control panel I have used the BIND DNS Server as opposed to the MS DNS Server and have set up DNS for priority1solutions.com as follows:

ftp.priority1solutions.com. A 64.92.XXX.213
mail.priority1solutions.com. A 64.92.XXX.214
ns1.priority1solutions.com. A 64.92.XXX.210
ns2.priority1solutions.com. A 64.92.XXX.211
priority1solutions.com. A 64.92.XXX.214
webmail.priority1solutions.com. A 64.92.XXX.214
www.priority1solutions.com. CNAME priority1solutions.com.
priority1solutions.com. MX (10) mail.priority1solutions.com.
priority1solutions.com. NS ns1.priority1solutions.com.
priority1solutions.com. NS ns2.priority1solutions.com.
64.92.XXX.214 / 24 PTR priority1solutions.com.

The above settings have been recommended in many locations around the web that I have found so I don't think that's the problem.

I am using shared resource pools by default in Plesk and cannot view any of the sites even on the local server machine by the domain name and have even configured the site accepting all incoming to see if it would work.

I receive the same "Bad Request (Invalid Hostname)" error message for any and all configurations.

PLEASE HELP I'M GOING CRAZY!

By the way, I have checked my configuration at http://www.dnsreport.com/ and all seems well.

Any idears?

It seems that creating a support request will be the best idea - this error can be caused by great number of problems with your serverstarting from IIS misconfig and ending with Plesk troubles.

any other suggestions. I tried to put in a trouble ticket but was referred to the reseller that I purchased the license through.

idears?

Back