• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue All domains unreachable after upgrade to Plesk 17.8.11

Dukemaster

Regular Pleskian
Hi,
today I happily upgraded Onyx 17.5.3 #43 to 17.8.11 like suggested.
Upgrade was successful, but all domains/sites are unaccessible.
But it seems not a bug, much more related to configuration changes which belong to the upgrade, perhaps nginx.
Does anyone have a recommendation what to do, or what the reason might be?
Seems that others have the same problem. Don't want to destroy something by not necessary, stupid actions.

Greets

What do you mean by inaccessible sites? Does the browser return an error such as "connection refused" or do you see a default plesk page? Only with this information can I help you solve your problem.

As a matter of doubt, run the following command, it will check if all your Plesk settings are ok!

plesk repair all -n

^^^ yes like Emerson said ^^^

I actually have a daily crontab that runs a script that performs a "plesk repair all -n | strings" and emails me the output every morning just to make sure I'm informed right away when some auto-update decides to mess with me.

First step in this case is to check whether web servers are running
# service nginx status
# service httpd status
If not, try a restart
# service nginx restart
Then normally during the restart attempt an error message will be displayed why Nginx doesn't feel like going to work today ...

Hi there,

I'm experiencing a similar issue, during the upgrading operation to Plesk 17.8.11 it crashed. I managed to re-up Plesk by repairing the installation (plesk repair installation) but the db was inaccessible, so I ran a repairing routine (plesk repair db -y). After that Plesk restored and all the information of the hosted websites is now accessible (including databases), though the web server is returning the default page when trying to reach any of the hosted websites. Any idea?

BTW, I've already tried restarting Apache and Nginx.

Thanks!

Martin

So sorry folks, that I never replied what happened later in the early days of March.
I resolved the problem in the easiest way by switching to a new server.
Provider told me afterwards that it was it was finely the best decision. So I had to to do the Onyx upgrade once again.
This time successfully.
web server is returning the default page when trying to reach any of the hosted websites.
How to change default index file for a domain in Plesk
plus other possibilities:
HTTPs website loads Plesk default page instead of content
Domains show default page after Plesk upgrade and reconfiguration stucks

Last edited:
Back