• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

All mail from outside the server gets rejected

Z

Zino

Hi all,

I hope somebody can help me, because I support isn't even answering even though I am entitled to it. I started having this weird problem yesterday.

Configuration:

* CentOS5
* Plesk 9.5.2
* Qmail is used
* SpamAssassin (Plesk version)

The problem:

Mail sent to an account on the server (originating from outside the server) does not get delivered to the boxes. No bounce message or any other messages of failure is received by the sender.

The weird thing is mails originating on the server (php-scripts, webmail, …) do get to the pop boxes.

What did I try?

* Checking Plesk Control settings
* Restarting services (xinet and qmail)
* Rebooting the server.

If anyone would have any idea what is going ... please respond.

Regards,
Zino

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you try to find related errors in Plesk maillog /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog and rebuild mailsettings with

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam

?

Yes, we did try quite a few things and your suggestion was one of them. Amongst others like checking if we were 'victim' of the underscore being replaced by a full stop in the xinetd directory files.

We finally decided to do the following:

* reconfigure qmail
* (re)set rDNS for our ip to point to our domain
* verified the firewall rules
* restated ip tables to reflect the changes made

We now are up and running again.

So, IgorG, first of all I'd like to thank you for your reply, but I have a question for you. Could it be things
were messed up by not stopping xinetd while we edited xinetd.conf?

Regards,
Zino

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I remember you can safely edit xinetd.conf without xinetd stopping.

Back