• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

all mail services dead after upgrade to 7.5.3

P

phorium

Upgrade on one machine went fine, but after upgrading another machine with the same specs, the mail server is dead via IMAP or webmail access.

Looking through the error logs and I can't find any error messages... any ideas out there?

Plesk says IMAP/POP3 Server (Courier-IMAP) is operational, but it's not!!

Running Suse 9.1

Need help fast!!

UPDATE:

Plesk support says they are working on this, but haven't found the problem yet.

From what we've been able to determine, the 7.5.3 upgrade closed ports 143 and 993 (IMAP and IMAPS) on the firewall and won't let any traffic through. Our server is behind an external firewall which we've verified have those ports open, and the Plesk Firewall Module also reports that those ports are open. We're at a loss as to why the mail ports would be closed even though all firewall rules are set to open them.

got the same problem... no mail-service available after the update.
Neither webmail nor mai-client is working.
I'm using IMAP... btw.

Damn...... I updated too fast too....

After waiting 14 hours for Plesk Support to respond and an emergency trip to the colocation facility when one of their technicians reset the firewall rules and completely locked down the server (no, I'm not kidding), they've found and fixed the problem.

The upgrade set the MAXPERIP value in /usr/lib/courier-imap/etc/imapd.dist to zero - therefore no one could log into the server. Email services were up and running, so no email was lost, but all of our clients were denied access to their accounts.

Looks like that's going to be the last remote upgrade we make to the server. It's really unfortunate that Plesk can be this buggy and upgrades are so unreliable.

found the problem too... somehow, the courier/IMAP service was shut down.
narf... now it works fine so far.

Back