• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved All mails send from my server to gmail a block!

Taxick

New Pleskian
Hi :)

I have a BIG problem with my mail server! Any mails sent from my server -> gmail / g suite go direct to spam.

I have tried all my domain names (5 domains) but they all do the same!

If I send from google to my server it works fine. If I send from a domain on my server to another domain on my server I also work fine..

Some info

- I'm running the last version of Plesk (Linux Ubuntu 20.04),
- I use an example domain: geekblog.dk
- Running postfix
- The server is VPS hosted at hetzner.de
- I have setup SPF, DKIM1 and DMARC1
- My test domain is: geekblog.dk
- Blacklist test from MX Lookup Tool - Check your DNS MX Records online - MxToolbox - All clear!
- part of /var/log/maillog -> - Pastebin.com
- Gmail Header: -> Delivered-To: [email][email protected][/email]: by 2002:adf:edd1:0:0:0:0:0 with SM - Pastebin.com
- I have set PTR up for ipv4 and ipv6
Hope someone can help me out here..

Kind regards

Thomas. :)

Last edited:
mail.geekblog.dk and mail.futurenode.dk doesn't have any DMARC policy enabled according to mxtoolkit. Start with quarantine and watch your DMARC email that you get daily for results. When you see 100% in the DMARC email reports you should be fine.

1604185729332.png
1604185802951.png

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I have change the DMARC record, and I now get 100 % in the test, but my mails send from my server, are still going to spam!

Any more ideas?

Last edited:
The only issue I can see with your domain is that the IP is listed with a bad reputation at Senderscore, which is unfortunately something very common these days. GMail however uses their own algorithms to determine whether an email is spam or not. It could be simply due to the frequency of mails you are receiving from your address there. It could also be for other spam that is forwarded from your server's IP to Gmail. Or it could be due to the content of the email like "this is a test" (does not look like a normal mail).

You can try to mitigate the issue by adding your sender's address to your GMail address book. There is nothing you can do about the Senderscore rating. In my opinion everything is set up correctly. The email header looks good. I would not know how you could improve this.

Post your DMARC report when you receive it from Google and we'll know more... Plus your PTR is still incorrect. 195.201.131.63 reverses to s1.futurenode.dk and doesn't reverse to your mail.futurenode.dk (either does your other domain). Your server hostname needs to be fixed and/or your outgoing mail settings from the email panel in Plesk.

Last edited:
Post your DMARC report when you receive it from Google and we'll know more... Plus your PTR is still incorrect. 195.201.131.63 reverses to s1.futurenode.dk and doesn't reverse to your mail.futurenode.dk (either does your other domain). Your server hostname needs to be fixed and/or your outgoing mail settings from the email panel in Plesk.
Hey :)

Thanks for your reply. I'm a little confused about the PRT. Right now is poting to my hostname for my server! s1.futurenode.dk

What should PRT it be changed to? Can you explain to a noob what i will need to do?

Thanks

Thomas

PTR is correct, it needs to point to the domain name of the mail server, and that is the same like the host name of the server.

Hi :)

I just want to come with an update and say thanks.. after I change PRT for my IPv6 i works!

Dear Taxick,

Can you explain what exactly was wrong and what you did to fix the issue?

Thank you in advance

Last edited:
Back