• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

All subdomains defaulting to 2nd IP

VinnyT

Regular Pleskian
Hi all --
I've been trying to track down a very strange problem. Here's the setup:

IP 1 - > Master/Shared IP, used for multiple domains.
IP 2 -> Dedicated IP -> used for a single domain

Whenever a user visits an invalid subdomain of any of the domains on the primary IP (ex: sub.mysite.com), Plesk will ALWAYS display the website loaded to IP 2. I'm sure this has to do with the master vhost template, but what would cause this to happen? Shouldn't the subdomains default to a PAGE NOT FOUND? or INVALID? I really would prefer that no page is displayed -- certinly not the domain on IP 2.

Thanks for your help. This is driving me nuts.

VinnyT,

Was the subdomain already setup before you added the dedicated IP? Or did you added the dedicated IP then the subdomain?

Hi Justin -
The really strange part in all of this is that none of these sub domains were ever set up, but they all work. ANY sub domain will work. Ex: test.domain.com, fake.domain.con, etc.
it looks like they are defaulting to the domain on the dedicated IP, but that isn't set anywhere. All sub domains should not forward, they should display an error if they aren't created.

Back