• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

All the sites are asking for password

Nope I rolled back the cfmx binary all the way to cfmx7.0 and this still is happening. This really bites.......

I have spent 3 days and over 30 hours trying to get this server setup. When it should have only taken a few hours.

I guess since my request to PLESK support has AGIAN not been answered at all, and no one is helping here, I will try now rolling back PLESK to PLESK 8.0 if I can still find it. I certainly hope that will work.

:mad:

The Real problem is not the Prompting for a password as the plesk reconfigurator will fix that, it is the FACT THAT PLESK IS NOT RECOGNISING COLDFUSION IS INSTALLED to the server??? Not listed in the components section and thus we are not able to manage the coldfusion settings.

OK stangly, I went back to the PLESK component page, Coldfusion was not listed but when I clicked on the refresh button it actually come up as listed. Very wierd... I will test again with cfmx7.02 maybe that is all it took. I also removed the DENY permissions from the CFMX install folder.

I'm glad you posted because i've been having the same issues..

did you get CF working?

If you did could you give a step by step?

Silent install?

did you run JRun? or standalone CF?

install CF admin to "default web site" localhost / wwwroot?

I've been having a nightmare of a time -- messing with permissions etc.. just like you said the sites get password protected.. I will try the reconfigurator, fixed the PLESK -- thanks for posting that.
I've had some success giving permissions to the webconfig folder inside CF.

where is the "DENY permissions" file?

Re: Godaddy Solution

Originally posted by autoweb
Godaddy claimed that my server blue screened. They reprovisioned my server and I'm still down. Been down for a week. Save yourself some grief. Do not host a non-managed server with GoDaddy for any reason. They will make mistakes which affect the server and leave you sitting for days at the time.

Anyone know of a decent hosting company. I want to move my dedicated server, and I want a new registrar for my 50+ domains.

dude thanks for posting that - i've reprovisioned my server about 10 times now trying to install ColdFusion.(with Godady). Nightmare - and they won't help unless you pay. - and then lock you out of the root access/ now what's the point of being dedicated if you don't have total access?- with Plesk already on there a ColdFusion install seems impossible.

Ok, install plesk, then cfmx7.02.

I install standalone, so not sure for jrun.

During cf install select enable for all sites.

I setup a defualt site and then let CFIDE be added to that site IE: C:\Inetpub\vhosts\domain.com\httpdocs

after cfinstall, start the coldfusion service.

Then, run the PLESK reconfiguirator program and select the hard disk / permission options.

Login to PLESK after that it should no longer be asking for password.

Go in to the components page, see if cf is listed, if not try selecting the "refresh" link/button. See if cf is listed now? Still not? Use windows explorer and browse to C:\CFusion or your <cf home dir> right click on it and select the security tab. If you see any "deny" listed remove them.

Then go back to plesk component page and refresh again. It should now be listed.

Go to the main domain's setup page in PLESK and turn on coldfusion support.

Then, Login to your cfadmin and setup your cf options as normal.

Let me know how it goes? That's what I can remember from the top of my head, hope it helps?

Godaddy claimed that my server blue screened. They reprovisioned my server and I'm still down. Been down for a week. Save yourself some grief. Do not host a non-managed server with GoDaddy for any reason. They will make mistakes which affect the server and leave you sitting for days at the time.

Anyone know of a decent hosting company. I want to move my dedicated server, and I want a new registrar for my 50+ domains.

If you are having trouble with godaddy why not check our dedi's out?
http://www.xtreme-host.com/dedicated/index.html

Originally posted by Traged1
Ok, install plesk, then cfmx7.02.

I install standalone, so not sure for jrun.

During cf install select enable for all sites.

I setup a defualt site and then let CFIDE be added to that site IE: C:\Inetpub\vhosts\domain.com\httpdocs

after cfinstall, start the coldfusion service.

Then, run the PLESK reconfiguirator program and select the hard disk / permission options.

Login to PLESK after that it should no longer be asking for password.

Go in to the components page, see if cf is listed, if not try selecting the "refresh" link/button. See if cf is listed now? Still not? Use windows explorer and browse to C:\CFusion or your <cf home dir> right click on it and select the security tab. If you see any "deny" listed remove them.

Then go back to plesk component page and refresh again. It should now be listed.

Go to the main domain's setup page in PLESK and turn on coldfusion support.

Then, Login to your cfadmin and setup your cf options as normal.

Let me know how it goes? That's what I can remember from the top of my head, hope it helps?

Worked ! TY TY TY :) :) your the man.

Hi,

I haven't a COLDFUSION installation and my sites like www.seontop.com are asking for LOGIN.

This is a NEW DEDICATE SERVER... CLEAN...

Only have PLESK and W2003 Server

And isn't working

PLEASE... SOME GUY OF SWSOFT MUST TO FIX THIS ISSUE.

I haven't a free license.. I have 30 domains License.

Regards.

Try this...

1. Uninstall WWW service through Add/Remove programs > Windows Components
2. Delete this registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PLESK\PSA Config\Config\SitesCache
3. Reinstall WWW service through Add/Remove programs > Windows Components
4. Run %plesk_bin%\websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all
5. Make sure your sites are using application pools that actually exist.
6. Do an iisreset

It worked for me. I hope it helps you guys out!

THANKS....

for your instructions... NOTHING WORK IN MY SERVER.

I Can't start the PLESK PANEL

Without Panel and Without my sites.

The WEBSRVMNG have fails and then I can't restart PLESK.

What can I Do ?

Double check the following...

Make sure your sites are using application pools that actually exist.

Have the PLESK CP the feature of REBUILD ?

(sorry my bad english)

I mean.. may the PLESK remake itself ?

maybe with any .EXE included in the Admin folder or somethime

Regards

Plesk changes who they run our apps as?

We think we have figured out the problem? Two weeks ago we upgraded/downgraded (opinion) from Plesk 7.6 to Plesk 8.1. This is when our problems started. The server would start melting down after ~6 hours and start getting memory errors, login windows on every site and page not found messages. It was a variety of problems, mostly what we see is login windows on the sites when you hit them. We do have some sites that come up with the Plesk symbol as the icon in the address bar, just before the server chokes. Not sure why this is, but it does have some twisted resemblance to them trying to become the user.

It's taken 2 weeks and thousands of dollars, switching servers (brand new installs of all) to find out that Plesk 7.6 and 8.1 don't run apps on the server as the same user. They USED to run the apps as asp.net user, the default user within IIS. Now they are attempting to run apps on our servers as the user Plesk. Therefore the system says, "Who are you? and "You don't have permissions". This seems par for the course since Plesk is really a Linux tool first and adapted to work with Windows. I think they have overstepped their boundries with this new release, but I am just a frustrated guy with 90 Websites down.

We really wish that Plesk just set everything up and not tried to be the one to run our apps. It's a great setup tool, but not something that needs to be all controlling.

Plesk, please fix who you run apps on our servers as. 7.6 was doing great, 8.1 is an all controlling nightmare.

The MOST Strange....

Nobody from PLESK come to say nothing...

0 Answers...

I sent an Email to SUPPORT (I repeat.. I have a 30 domain original license of PLESK) and nobody answer..

This is a good company ?
this is the best choice ?

Another day I was talking Online with the HELM guys... can PLESK be the same actitud ?

Hummmm... I don't think so.

Regards.

Back