• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue All websites and plesk spontaneously unreachable

damaverick

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 8.8
Plesk version and microupdate number
Latest Obsidion
Since yesterday evening all my websites and my plesk server are spontaneously unreachable by webbrowser.
Without even touching the server at all.

A few week ago I had exactly the same problem. Then I could fix it with restoring a backup from a day earlier despite the fact there was nothing done by me from the moment of the backup and the moment of the unreachable plesk environment.
This time restoring a backup didn't help at all.

I tried already several found solutions (fail2ban whitelisting, firewall whitelisting, setting nginx waiting time etc etc)
But as the websites are unreachable from everywhere, to me it looks like no fail2ban of 1 specific IP issue

My server is reachable by ping and the ports for http, https and 8443 are open ports if I scan the server, but the websites and plesk portal isn't reachable.

Hi, I encountered a similar problem this morning at 03:00 AM. I had a similar problem before in November 2023. While the server continues to operate normally, IP addresses suddenly become unreachable. It can only be accessed with the remote connection authority of the hosting provider. I was able to fix the problem with a command line reboot and did not experience any data loss. I think this problem is not caused by IP Ban as you mentioned.

I would like to request the support of Plesk developers on this issue.

Ver: Almalinux 8.9 - Dedicated Server

Hi, I encountered a similar problem this morning at 03:00 AM. I had a similar problem before in November 2023. While the server continues to operate normally, IP addresses suddenly become unreachable. It can only be accessed with the remote connection authority of the hosting provider. I was able to fix the problem with a command line reboot and did not experience any data loss. I think this problem is not caused by IP Ban as you mentioned.

I would like to request the support of Plesk developers on this issue.

Ver: Almalinux 8.9 - Dedicated Server
Well...... in my post I said to me it didn't look like a fail2ban or 1 specific IP issue....

But after some investigation, what we found out that iptabes was filled by failed2ban.
After that the default action for input chain and output chain were on DROP instead of ACCEPT.
(and after a reboot of the server it goes back to drop again)

My problems are since august 2023
And it looks like fail2ban fills iptables wrong, which causes ports to be closed.

The workarround we/I use is restoring a backup I made after manual changing iptables.

Today my problem occured again. I do'nt know what triggered it (at least I didn't restart my server myself).
Every domein and plesk is unreachable. Restoring my manual iptables file again, fixed it again for me....

Indeed it's something the Plesk developers should fix this, byt because I purchased my server and Plesk license from my provider, my support is with my provider and nog with Plesk itself.
And support on such specific issues isn't my providers A-Game :p

There is no issue with Fail2Ban how it works with iptables rules. If you require assistance, Plesk support team is a great choice. If you bought your license from your provider and your provider is unwilling to provide support, you can sign-up for a Plesk support subscription.

Back