• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question AlmaLinux 9 MariaDB 10.5 to 10.6 then after MariaDB 10.6 to 10.11

eronardiaras

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 9.2 (Turquoise Kodkod)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.54_build1800230807.10 os_RedHat el9
How to Upgrade? (AlmaLinux 9!)

What should I watch out for?

Do I need to upgrade to MariaDB 10.5.22? (from MariaDB 10.5.16 [current]) (It's like it's not supported [10.5.22])

An article like this exists, just for 10.5 to 10.6 version? (which supports AlmaLinux)

The upgrade process is the same as described in the article. A MariaDB configuration that works with 10.5 should also work with 10.6 or 10.11. If you can show your current /etc/my.cnf content, maybe we can see whether there are entries that need special attention.

The upgrade process is the same as described in the article. A MariaDB configuration that works with 10.5 should also work with 10.6 or 10.11. If you can show your current /etc/my.cnf content, maybe we can see whether there are entries that need special attention.

Attached.

Contents of the "/etc/my.cnf.d" folder:
- client.cnf
- mariadb-server.cnf
- spider.cnf
- enable_encryption.preset
- mysql-clients.cnf

Attachments

• mariadb-server.cnf.pdf
    53.4 KB · Views: 10
  • my.cnf.pdf
    49.6 KB · Views: 13
In point 7: Will I need everything?

Code:
yum install MariaDB-server galera-4 MariaDB-client MariaDB-shared MariaDB-backup MariaDB-common

Is "galera-4" required for both 10.6 and 10.11?

Nothing special in the config, I'd say you can proceed with the upgrade.
I ugrade to 10.6.
(https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388091703703 [RHEL example])
But not working the Mariadb, only on ip (127.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0).

If i set forexample wordpress DB_HOST: localhost. Is not working. But if i set 127.0.0.0, then working.

The VeryBigProblem:

The mails is not arrived! (I see the mails in the https://***/admin/mail-settings/queue)
And the roundcube is not working too (db connect error)

How can I fix this?
(I only have an ipv4 ip address.)
But the sql is listen in both: ipv4,ipv6

maria.jpg

Attachments

• maria.jpg
    maria.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 3
I ugrade to 10.6.
(https://support.plesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/12388091703703 [RHEL example])
But not working the Mariadb, only on ip (127.0.0.0, 0.0.0.0).

If i set forexample wordpress DB_HOST: localhost. Is not working. But if i set 127.0.0.0, then working.
You previously posted your own my.cnf showing bind content, that works up to MariaDB 10.5 but this won't work with MariaDB 10.6 onward, as posted here:
Then again, but with links to MariaDB just after that ^ post too:
Have you correctly re-worked your bind data? Have you double checked it, in case of typos etc?
This ^ specific step, is covered in detail, within the the RHEL example that you say you've followed, within the Plesk support article that you've posted a link for
If you have done so, did you then complete all of the following steps, including the re-start etc all, without issues?
You post seem to indicate random re-works of your my.cnf, but there's a specific config given within that Plesk support article that you've followed.
FWIW This other post may assist you, once you have checked and confirmed all of the above first of all (especially if restoring was involved):
The VeryBigProblem:
The mails is not arrived! (I see the mails in the https://***/admin/mail-settings/queue)
And the roundcube is not working too (db connect error)
Pointless looking further on this ^ until the bind details are confirmed as being correct
How can I fix this?
(I only have an ipv4 ip address.)
But the sql is listen in both: ipv4,ipv6

View attachment 24204
There's nothing to "fix" as it doesn't matter that you don't have an IPv6 address
MariaDB 10.6 onward, is listening on both IPv4 and IPv6 by default
You can see the confirmation of this, within the MariaDB link, that's part of the 2nd link, that's posted above

You previously posted your own my.cnf showing bind content, that works up to MariaDB 10.5 but this won't work with MariaDB 10.6 onward, as posted here:
Then again, but with links to MariaDB just after that ^ post too:
Have you correctly re-worked your bind data? Have you double checked it, in case of typos etc?
This ^ specific step, is covered in detail, within the the RHEL example that you say you've followed, within the Plesk support article that you've posted a link for
If you have done so, did you then complete all of the following steps, including the re-start etc all, without issues?
You post seem to indicate random re-works of your my.cnf, but there's a specific config given within that Plesk support article that you've followed.
FWIW This other post may assist you, once you have checked and confirmed all of the above first of all (especially if restoring was involved):

Pointless looking further on this ^ until the bind details are confirmed as being correct

There's nothing to "fix" as it doesn't matter that you don't have an IPv6 address
MariaDB 10.6 onward, is listening on both IPv4 and IPv6 by default
You can see the confirmation of this, within the MariaDB link, that's part of the 2nd link, that's posted above

/etc/my.cnf:

Code:
# This group is read both both by the client and the server
# use it for options that affect everything
#
[client-server]
#
# include all files from the config directory
#
!includedir /etc/my.cnf.d

[mysqld]
sql_mode=NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION
bind-address = 127.0.0.1
#bind-address = localhost
#bind-address = 0.0.0.0
#bind-address = *
#socket=/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
local-infile=0

Nothing special in the config, I'd say you can proceed with the upgrade.
And: yes.
- I remove this line: "bind-address = 127.0.0.1"
- I restarted mariadb
- run this:
Code:
sudo su
MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysql_upgrade -uadmin --force
- restart mariadb
- and this:
Code:
sudo systemctl stop mysql; sudo killall mysqld # to stop the incorrect service if it is started
sudo rm -f /etc/init.d/mysql && sudo systemctl daemon-reload # to remove the incorrect service script and reload systemctl configuration
sudo systemctl start mariadb # to start MariaDB if not started
sudo systemctl enable mariadb # to make sure that MariaDB will start after the server reboot automatically

Nothing has changed...
Wordpress working with [DB_HOST] 127.0.0.1 or [DB_HOST] 0.0.0.0 BUT not working with [DB_HOST] localhost
Email and roundcube not working
phpMyAdmin is working...

You say that the database server is online, phpMyAdmin is working. So the question now is something completely different:
Email and roundcube not working
The email service does not depend on the database. Please open a new thread for the question.

The email service does not depend on the database.

I only upgrade maridb.
And than:
- localhost not working
- roundcube not working
- mail not working

Are you sure they don't record anything in the database?

I looked with phpMyAdmin and there are database tables...

round.jpg emailsec.jpg

And this is correct?

sudo su
MYSQL_PWD=`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` mysql_upgrade -uadmin --force

Without "sudo su" i get error...

@eronardiaras

Here's some additional data FWIW but do factor in the different OS that are in play here...

In the process of moving from mariadb 10.4 to mariadb 10.5 quite a few terms / labels were swapped around (on our Ubuntu OS anyway, can't comment on your AlmaLinux OS. This OLD post gives you a summary of those changes. Not sure in your case, as to when / how your mariadb 10.5 set was configured, but again FWIW despite several mariadb upgrades since that post, in our case: /etc/mysql/my.cnf still is nothing but a symlink to /etc/mysql/mariadb.cnf .

Noted the excerpt from your my.cnf file that you've posted & can see the new bind details, but why is the socket commented out? Is it dealt with elsewhere? Have a look at this OLD post You could run some of those queries yourself, to get a clearer idea of where you are now. To explain further, here's an explanatory extract of the 1st section, from one of our /etc/mysql/mariadb.cnf files which clearly shows all of the other config points and their priority plus socket details.
# The MariaDB configuration file
#
# The MariaDB/MySQL tools read configuration files in the following order:
# 0. "/etc/mysql/my.cnf" symlinks to this file, reason why all the rest is read.
# 1. "/etc/mysql/mariadb.cnf" (this file) to set global defaults,
# 2. "/etc/mysql/conf.d/*.cnf" to set global options.
# 3. "/etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/*.cnf" to set MariaDB-only options.
# 4. "~/.my.cnf" to set user-specific options.
#
# If the same option is defined multiple times, the last one will apply.
#
# One can use all long options that the program supports.
# Run program with --help to get a list of available options and with
# --print-defaults to see which it would actually understand and use.
#
# If you are new to MariaDB, check out Basic MariaDB Articles

#
# This group is read both by the client and the server
# use it for options that affect everything
#
[client-server]
# Port or socket location where to connect
port = 3306
socket = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock

# Here is entries for some specific programs
# The following values assume you have at least 32M ram

# This was formally known as [safe_mysqld]. Both versions are currently parsed.
[mysqld_safe]
nice = 0

[mysqld]
#
# * Basic Settings
#
user = mysql
pid-file = /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
port = 3306
basedir = /usr
datadir = /var/lib/mysql
tmpdir = /tmp
lc_messages_dir = /usr/share/mysql
lc_messages = en_US
skip-external-locking
#
performance_schema=ON
#
# Instead of skip-networking the default is now to listen only on
# localhost which is more compatible and is not less secure.
bind-address = 127.0.0.1
~~~~
If you've taken a server snapshot before you upgraded from mariadb 10.5 to mariadb 10.6 the you could very easily revert back to that and re-group /start again. If not, you could sign-in & post a more detailed query in the comments section, in the same Plesk article that you posted a link for in your original post.

Ok, so Ivan fixed this issue for us, for which we are very grateful, this issue is related to the following bug:
he ran the following commands to fix it:
Code:
semanage fcontext -a -t mysqld_exec_t /usr/sbin/mariadbd
Code:
restorecon -v /usr/sbin/mariadbd
Code:
systemctl restart mariadb
He did mention this is a workaround, alternatively SElinux can be disabled using
Code:
setenforce 0
Let's hope Mariadb fixes this bug soon.

Back