• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question Almalinux - Server Upgrade and Hard Disk Space

lumiverse

New Pleskian
Hello All,

Here is my issue.
I am using Plesk Web Host Edition
Yesterday I have upgraded my VPS (Contabo). The old one had a disk space of 600G. After the upgrade I must have a total of 1.6T
I understand that I must expand the partition to use the whole available space now.

If I expand the partition I am going to loose all the data? or the disk can be expanded without any risk of loosing existing data?

The following will work for my Almalinux server?

# lsblk
sda 1.6T Disk
sda1 1M
sda2 2G part /boot
sda3 598G

# Expand the partition and then the filesystem
growpart /dev/sda3
resize2fs /dev/sda3

Thank you

Back