• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Alternative to Varnish Cache?

Erick Nunes

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu
Plesk version and microupdate number
I don't understand much about caching, but I need to configure it for a client. I realized that it is complex to configure varnish in plesk.

I would like to know if there is any good and easy alternative to Varnish.

Thanks.

To be honest any caching (server) technology is going to be rather complex to configure. As in you'll need to read up on documentation and best practices. Nginx, which of course can be used and configured from within Plesk, comes closest to Varnish in terms of caching.

Hello,

you could try Redis which is supported by many application. Another alternative is memcached. The correct approach depends on your application, use case and development skills. If you could drop some more details someone might show you the correct direction.
The "Plesk way" would be to enable nginx caching. But this also enables a set of problems.

Hello,

you could try Redis which is supported by many application. Another alternative is memcached. The correct approach depends on your application, use case and development skills.
The thing is, Redis and memcache require application support to be useful, while with varnish you'd rather have to take care of not caching things that should be dynamic.
The "Plesk way" would be to enable nginx caching. But this also enables a set of problems.
Like setting the browser caching parameters.

Back