• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Anacron job 'cron.daily' fails every week

Manfred Beck

Basic Pleskian
The message is:

/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:
logrotate_script: line 1: systemctl: command not found

I am running CentOS 6.10 with Plesk Version 18.0.31 Update #1, last updated on Nov 11

Unfortunately the command systemctl does not exist in CentOS 6.10. Is there a workaround to fix the log rotation?

What is the content of your /etc/cron.daily/logrotate file?

Try to remove this file temporarily and check how it goes on. Actually, it is not Plesk related file.

Hello Manfred Beck,

Thank you for the provided information.

I was able to reproduce the same behavior with 'systemctl' in '/etc/logrotate.d/ossec-hids' by installing the Imunify360 extension via Plesk.
If you have the same configuration (installed Imunify360) please contact the Cloudlinux Support Team (vendor of the extension).
From our side, I have created an issue with id EXTCERT-3240.

Hello Manfred Beck,

Thank you for the provided information.

I was able to reproduce the same behavior with 'systemctl' in '/etc/logrotate.d/ossec-hids' by installing the Imunify360 extension via Plesk.
If you have the same configuration (installed Imunify360) please contact the Cloudlinux Support Team (vendor of the extension).
From our side, I have created an issue with id EXTCERT-3240.
I uninstalled Immunify360 but cannot get rid of some parts of the extension

Important note

Please note that CentOS 6 reached its End-of-Life yesterday (November 30th, 2020) - About/Product - CentOS Wiki

We have removed CentOS 6 from the list of supported OSes by Plesk: Plesk Lifecycle Policy

I would like to recommend you to migrate to a new OS which is supported by Plesk. The list of the OSes can be found at Plesk Lifecycle Policy

Thank you!
I will probably during X-Mas, because I have to migrate Plesk and will get crucified if the domains are not avalable during business hours.

Back