• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

And the next problem with Plesk 12...

christiano1203

Basic Pleskian
Hello,

my Server condition are:

Cent OS 7 with Plesk 12

It can not start Nginx. After reboot nginx can't start. Whats happen? Plesk 12 have so much Bugs, whats wrong with plesk 12 ??

so, this is the problem...

nginx.service - Startup script for nginx service
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; disabled)
Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Fr 2014-10-31 20:31:30 CET; 2h 29min ago
Process: 4009 ExecStartPre=/usr/bin/test $NGINX_ENABLED = yes (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
Process: 4008 ExecStartPre=/bin/echo Starting nginx service (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Okt 31 20:31:30 xxxxxxxx.de systemd[1]: Starting Startup script for nginx service...
Okt 31 20:31:30 xxxxxxxxx.de echo[4008]: Starting nginx service
Okt 31 20:31:30 xxxxxxxx.de systemd[1]: nginx.service: control process exited, code=exited status=1
Okt 31 20:31:30 xxxxxxxxx.de systemd[1]: Failed to start Startup script for nginx service.
Okt 31 20:31:30 xxxxxxxxx.de systemd[1]: Unit nginx.service entered failed state.

Warning: Unit file changed on disk, 'systemctl daemon-reload' recommended.

And what about the bug with the database user:

I've found another bug in Plesk 12. It can be created only one user per database, unless you additional more resources for the ABO.

In Plesk 11 you could create multiple users for one database without additional more resources.

Where is the problem? I have tested it on Windows and Linux, always the same error. The following message appears: There is no database server available.

First, because of the issue "Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; disabled)", you might want to enable nginx by default:
To see the current status, use:

chkconfig nginx
If the reply is: disabled, please continue with the next command. If the reply is enabled, all is fine.​

chkconfig nginx enable

Afterwards, you read the recommendation "systemctl daemon-reload"... so please follow this suggestion with the command:

systemctl daemon-reload

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the issue/problem with your additional database user. Don't you want to edit the settings for the subscription/abonnement? Or is this just a complaint, that the standard policy changed? If you have issues/problems in setting another value at the subscriptions/abonnements, please let us know, WHAT you did and WHERE... and WHEN you experience issues/problems. It's really hard to guess things, if you miss to describe it.

First, because of the issue "Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nginx.service; disabled)", you might want to enable nginx by default:
To see the current status, use:

chkconfig nginx
If the reply is: disabled, please continue with the next command. If the reply is enabled, all is fine.​

chkconfig nginx enable

Afterwards, you read the recommendation "systemctl daemon-reload"... so please follow this suggestion with the command:

systemctl daemon-reload

I Will try it​

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the issue/problem with your additional database user. Don't you want to edit the settings for the subscription/abonnement? Or is this just a complaint, that the standard policy changed? If you have issues/problems in setting another value at the subscriptions/abonnements, please let us know, WHAT you did and WHERE... and WHEN you experience issues/problems. It's really hard to guess things, if you miss to describe it.

I'll give you an example.

In the previous versions when you add a database to a domain, you can add any number of users.

In Plesk 12 is as no longer possible, unless you add for the ABO for example in resources 2 MySQL database, you can create 2 users for "one" database or you can create "two Database" with one user for each database.

This not correct, @christiano1203 . It is still possible to create an additional user, once you created a database for a domain. The second user can either have the permission for ALL databases for that domain, or can be restricted to use only one specific database. The setting for this choice appears to the second user, as soon that you add a database - user.
It is true, that you always have to create a "standard" database - user, when you create a database, which seem to be limited, but you have as well the choice to choose "any" in the dropdown - list, to give this standard - user the permission for other databases for that domain as well. Please have another closer look on the database - settings for a domain.

This not correct, @christiano1203 . It is still possible to create an additional user, once you created a database for a domain. The second user can either have the permission for ALL databases for that domain, or can be restricted to use only one specific database. The setting for this choice appears to the second user, as soon that you add a database - user.
It is true, that you always have to create a "standard" database - user, when you create a database, which seem to be limited, but you have as well the choice to choose "any" in the dropdown - list, to give this standard - user the permission for other databases for that domain as well. Please have another closer look on the database - settings for a domain.

I can't do it. I have tested it on a Linux System and Windows System with Plesk 12.

I know the option with more users for one database or another database on the drop down. In Plesk 12 I can do it like Plesk 11.5. Only when I change the number of available of Database of the ABO.

When I give a ABO the ressource number for MySQL Database example like 1, I only can create 1 Database, that is correct, and only one user.

When I try to add a second user for the Database, I will receive the Error Message "There is no database server available."

So when I change the ressource Number of MySQL Database, I can add a second User or a second Database. This is a very big problem for me customer know. Please check it again.

When you dont believe me, I can create you a test account for one of my server.

No no.... @christiano1203 , I'm not a Parallels employer and therefore never would login to a foreign server, not even if you would be a girl and would invite me to a drink in exchange. :p I'm just trying to help you with issues/problems which you might have.

Due to the case, that I can't reproduce or confirm this issue/problem, I have to admit, that you will have to wait for another helper, Moderator or Parallels Team Member, sorry. :(

Back