• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Angular App and express.js on temp domain

_phil

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Rocky Linux 8
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.55 Update Nr. 2
Hi,

I have two temporary domains for testing (I couldn't connect real domain at the moment). On one domain, there is an angular app running, on the other domain, there is an express.js backend running. The express.js application is working as I can query data from rest endpoints with postman and browser.

When I try to access these enpoints from my angular app, I get status code 428. Can someone give me a hint what's going wrong?

I've added this to nginx config: add_header 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' '*'; because I also want to access the backend from my local develop environment.

Cors in express.js is also set to origin: "*".

Is there any configuration I have to do in plesk?

Thank you.

The test domains display a web server based confirmation message that these domains are for testing purposes only when they are first opened. Unless this message is confirmed by the requestor, the web server won't deliver the page. This became necessary, because some test domains were abused for phishing, so we need to make Internet users who are directed to such pages aware that these are no authentic pages, but test addresses.

A workaround for you could be to use subdomains for testing. Just use subdomains of any of your domains. They won't cost you, yet you can have the full feature set on them.

Back